The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Sasson | C

Yeah this kid has fit right in, skates and works hard and is clearly really smart. He got absolutely fed by Hogz for the goals tho, but still was smart enough to find the space and be in the right areas to benefit - good pickup ! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

max-sasson-2023-7065.jpg

MAX SASSON

C | 6'1" | 181 lb | Vancouver Canucks

Born: September 5, 2000

Birthplace: Birmingham, MI, USA

Shoots: Left

He's going to be given every opportunity to make the Canucks 3rd line centre position.  And it's nice that he won't be coming alone, quite likely Hoglander will fit along side Sasson on the 3rd line so they can continue to build on chemistry they had in Abby.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could Max be our 3rd line centre if he does great in training camp?

I don't want to rush him. But it would be great to get players like that signing and stepping in.

Based on his time with the Abby Canucks, he's got 3rd line centre written all over him. It's just a question of when he will be ready for the bigs.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could Max be our 3rd line centre if he does great in training camp?

I don't want to rush him. But it would be great to get players like that signing and stepping in.

17 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Based on his time with the Abby Canucks, he's got 3rd line centre written all over him. It's just a question of when he will be ready for the bigs.

Would be amazing if he was ready.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:15 PM, Kenny Powers said:

Would be amazing if he was ready.

We’ll be lucky if he can step in as a 4c. I think a lot of people under estimate how hard it is to step into the nhl and be an every day player 

I see alot of people talking about Hirose as well from his short stint,  Brock Faber in Minnie is talked about a lot as well, and played only 2 games. 

He will likely be in Abby and if he really exceeds expectations, will get a few call ups to test him out, same with Hirose. 

As an example, the fact they sent Podz and Hogs down shows how much they expect from young players. They want them ready, not to be “trained” in the NHL 

Edited by NuckLuck19
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, NuckLuck19 said:

As an example, the fact they sent Podz and Hogs down shows how much they expect from young players. They want them ready, not to be “trained” in the NHL 

Not exactly, waivers and cost control is two variables that had an influence in them playing in Abby.

We got a lot of wingers now so it’s easy to use different strategies for our younger players.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Not exactly, waivers and cost control is two variables that had an influence in them playing in Abby.

We got a lot of wingers now so it’s easy to use different strategies for our younger players.

No team sends down players who can help the team win over other players because of waivers. They’re out there to win. if podz and hogs were ready they’d have a spot and anyone watching them could see they needed development time in the AHL. 

Disagree 

1 hour ago, NuckLuck19 said:

No team sends down players who can help the team win over other players because of waivers. They’re out there to win. if podz and hogs were ready they’d have a spot and anyone watching them could see they needed development time in the AHL. 

Disagree 

Usually id agree, but the team really didn't wanna lose Hogs for nothing and so early in his development. 

9 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I think the 3rd C is Sasson's to o lose.  Nobody in the system comes close to stepping into that spot. Including Ratu Raty who needs a big season

Could be  and I think they'll take a hard look at camp, maybe play some exhibition games. I'd like to see what Karlsson brings at camp, he played centre in the SEL and seems like a forgotten man. He did break EP SEL rookies record, althouh he was older. Buut seems to have a lot going for him

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Could be  and I think they'll take a hard look at camp, maybe play some exhibition games. I'd like to see what Karlsson brings at camp, he played centre in the SEL and seems like a forgotten man. He did break EP SEL rookies record, althouh he was older. Buut seems to have a lot going for him

I see Karlsson as more of a 3rd line grinder RW with skill, but you never know!

• 2 months later...