The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A season ticket holder's letter to Jim Rutherford

Rate this topic

fanfor42

I've had blind faith in the past, believing in Benning like he would save the team, because he was, apparently, an expert scout of sorts. And then there were also the Willie years, and the Green years and Torts pounding his finger into Hansen's shoulder on the bench. Bleak. There's many more years of suffering before that, but... 

I feel like the Canucks have a bit of a dream team in management, player development and coaching. This staff have won Cups, they know what it takes and they're all here for one reason. To bring Vancouver a championship. I believe in this group to get it done.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think we all knew this season was a write off but next season and off-season is where I'm going to make mt judgements. Cards were stacked against the new regime but I think they have done a decent job so far to make something out of a crappy situations, But I digress...let's see what happens in the off-season.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I feel like the Canucks have a bit of a dream team in management, player development and coaching. This staff have won Cups, they know what it takes and they're all here for one reason. To bring Vancouver a championship. I believe in this group to get it done.

Such a refreshing perspective. I'll take optimism over pessimism any day. My view is that if the team isn't meeting your expectations, maybe you need to adjust them. We all want a Stanley Cup but to win even one is a monumental task requiring a mixture of correct personnel decisions, a sound team structure, good coaching, good forward momentum and a healthy dose of sheer good luck. Then all the stars need to align in celestial harmony. I have full confidence in the current management group to do whatever is within their control to build a winner. And I am here for it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I've had blind faith in the past, believing in Benning like he would save the team, because he was, apparently, an expert scout of sorts. And then there were also the Willie years, and the Green years and Torts pounding his finger into Hansen's shoulder on the bench. Bleak. There's many more years of suffering before that, but... 

dream team is quite a stretch. 

accolades are one thing but that's their trophy case. doesn't necessarily mean it translates to another team. \

Benning had a cup ring too and was "renowned" for his scouting. 

The first half of their arrival i would argue was one of the most dismal since the keenan years. 

but after the bo trade, signing young free agents, acquiring hronek...etc. now they seem to have gotten their feet rolling. They'd finally put action into some of their words. 

I am also willing to believe in this group. We'll see what happens.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

I think the team knows the fans deserve better. Current team could beat anyone, but how's that cap space looking for next year. And are we even compliant now? of course, no one is looking at Canucks to file some grievance but if we cause calgary to miss cause we kick their ass tomorrow someone might complain.

2 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I think the team knows the fans deserve better. Current team could beat anyone, but how's that cap space looking for next year. And are we even compliant now? of course, no one is looking at Canucks to file some grievance but if we cause calgary to miss cause we kick their ass tomorrow someone might complain.

We will buyout OEL, trade Myers after his bonus, and fully dumperoo Garland. That’s 17 million cleared off the cap for next season. Lots of room to improve the club. 

• Wat 1

33 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

That's quite the letter.  A couple of things are offensive (have you?, GTFO) but it gets the point across

Yes. For someone mature enough to have watched for 50 years, this comes across as a smart ass 13 year old.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will buyout OEL, trade Myers after his bonus, and fully dumperoo Garland. That’s 17 million cleared off the cap for next season. Lots of room to improve the club. 

I dont think you understand cap if you think we can lose it through buyouts and dumperoo's.

Garland is actually worth his salt.

Myers has picked up his game and is not being a stick man in front of goalie these days. He is part of the solution. And Garland is like an anteater picking ants off the boards, he is small but he gets the puck. Myers, opposite build, is learning from him

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

So basically we gave a first rounder to Arizona to let us buy out OEL instead of them.  Benning is the man.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Yes since last run nothing but empty promises.  

Time for action.

I would have included 

OEL,Myers,BB all need to be gone. 

We need to draft better so in three to four years have players that make a difference.Or hire the right trainers to make sure our picks have the best chance to be in the NHL.  

So far seems like they ngs are moving forward and the team looks better but still lots of work still ahead.

7 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Yes since last run nothing but empty promises.  

Time for action.

I would have included 

OEL,Myers,BB all need to be gone.

I mean...I'm totally happy to keep Boeser if he gives 5% more and takes a bit of a paycut next contract.  He's basically the modern day Jim Sandlak in that we just expected too much of him after a good rookie year but he's certainly a decent asset for the team.

• Huggy Bear 1