The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday April 6 2023 - Vancouver Canucks v Chicago Blackhawks- 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

And he would be in the Hockey Hall Of Very Good, but shouldn’t be in the HHOF. He was a very good player, but not a star IMO. Kane was the star in Chicago.

He will be in HHOF.

The first couple years of the Hawks upward move to the first Cup Toews was the better overall player.

Kane was good offensively in the playoffs and regular season but Toews was a beast... scoring, defensive and physical play.... complete player in those years.  He won Conn Smythe first Cup.

2 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

I’m not denying his accomplishments, but look at his stats. They aren’t HOF worthy. Duncan Keith was a bigger star than him and I hate him just as much.

He’s benefitting a lot from the phrase “Toews and Kane” used to talk about the old Hawks.  They were an incredibly deep group with a few guys like Bolland and Sharp who just seemed to turn it on in the playoffs.

He *was* a solid two way guy though. 

I think he gets in, but yeah his point total doesn’t seem HHOF worthy.

• Like 1

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

He will be in HHOF.

The first couple years of the Hawks upward move to the first Cup Toews was the better overall player.

Kane was good offensively in the playoffs and regular season but Toews was a beast... scoring, defensive and physical play.... complete player in those years.  He won Conn Smythe first Cup.

Agree with a lot of that, but he does not have HHOF offensive statistics. Again, it’s not the Hockey Hall Of Very Good. It’s the Hockey Hall Of Fame. 

Just now, Citizen Erased said:

I’m not denying his accomplishments, but look at his stats. They aren’t HOF worthy. Duncan Keith was a bigger star than him and I hate him just as much.

Keith is definitely a HHOFer, likely first ballot. I hate Keith too. 

Toews production has been 1st line caliber for the majority of his career, on top of his two-way proficiency & accomplishments as a winner + leader. 

He was ranked in the top 100 players of all-time in 2017 - which shows how long-time hockey people think of him. A massive drop off in the covid years won't hurt him, he's definitely getting in. 

• Cheers 1