The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Always struck me as the Cody Hodgson type. Always putting it on for the camera and trying to be Mr Perfect.

Thats why this seems out of character for him. Seems like he was acting like a player he thinks that fanbase would like rather than staying true to his character.

Mr Flip Flop at it again. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Mr Flip Flop at it again. 

Bo is a what? What in the heck does this mean? I don’t think anyone here thinks Bo is a bad person, if that’s what you’re implying. Sure he’s a grossly overpaid 3C, but a he’s still the same decent person he’s always been. 

I wonder the chances of us being able to sign a vet like Bjugstad or even trade for a guy like Cody Glass to take on that 3C spot next year. 

Super slim pickings at C this offseason.  Wonder what the plan there is?  I like Raty but he doesn’t look ready.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

He’s been alright at 4C but that’s a big jump.  

Then you still have Dries on the 4th line and no right handed C.

They’ll be looking to add for sure.

I think management is hoping to turn Garland’s cap into a 3C. Whether that’s in a direct trade or in a round about way. Not too sure who we want in that role though. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I think management is hoping to turn Garland’s cap into a 3C. Whether that’s in a direct trade or in a round about way. Not too sure who we want in that role though. 

they are going to shed Boeser and Garland’s salary and surprise everybody and sign another JT - Compher.

one can dream i guess

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bo is a what? What in the heck does this mean? I don’t think anyone here thinks Bo is a bad person, if that’s what you’re implying. Sure he’s a grossly overpaid 3C, but a he’s still the same decent person he’s always been. 

No, DeNiro flip flops opinions daily. 

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Bo getting a lot of hate here and deservedly so. A former Cap should never sh!t talk his former team and fans. This is Messier level. Unacceptable.

Linden took us to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, and then was stripped of the C by Messier and then traded to the NYI just like Bowie.  Linden had every right to rip the Canucks organization for the way he was treated.  Not only did he never say a bad word about the Canucks or the fans, but he was also even traded back to Vancouver again.  That's why he's so beloved in Vancouver and will forever be a Canuck with his jersey retired.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I wonder the chances of us being able to sign a vet like Bjugstad or even trade for a guy like Cody Glass to take on that 3C spot next year. 

Super slim pickings at C this offseason.  Wonder what the plan there is?  I like Raty but he doesn’t look ready.

Nick Bjugstad and Freddie Gaudreau would be my top two choices in free agency.  We'd have to trade Garland or Beau though to free up cap space...

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nick Bjugstad and Freddie Gaudreau would be my top two choices in free agency.  We'd have to trade Garland or Beau though to free up cap space...

Ahh Gaudreau would be a nice pickup.  Due a pretty good raise though, I’d bet.

What an offseason - going to be hard to get anything done but it’ll be sure disappointing if they don’t. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Maybe Sheldon Dries? 

I know that he's the ultimate Forgotten Man, but he's been very serviceable this year. He can keep a line afloat. 

I would obviously want to upgrade, but we could do a lot worst. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Maybe Sheldon Dries? 

I know that he's the ultimate Forgotten Man, but he's been very serviceable this year. He can keep a line afloat. 

I would obviously want to upgrade, but we could do a lot worst. 

Yep, ideally I could see Dries as a great 13th man.  Could probably roll him in as a winger or C depending on what you need.  He’s skilled and feisty despite his size.  

But yeah - hopefully upgrade but I’m glad Dries is signed for one more. Point totals a tad low but on pace for 15 goals over 82 which is nice bottom 6 production. 51% in the face off dot.  Perfectly serviceable for league minimum. 

I think Dries OR Aman are solid for the bottom 6 but having both is a bit of a stretch if we’re pushing for playoffs.  Just my two cents though - maybe they surprise me!

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Ahh Gaudreau would be a nice pickup.  Due a pretty good raise though, I’d bet.

What an offseason - going to be hard to get anything done but it’ll be sure disappointing if they don’t. 

JR signed Gaudreau when he was in Pittsburgh.  Yes, he will be expensive.  Too expensive probably...

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The buyout for this summer 2023 is:

$146,667, $2,346,667, $4,766,667, $4,766,667, $2,126,667, $2,126,667, $2,126,667, $2,126,667

The buyout for next summer 2024 is: 

$2,028,889, $4,448,889, $4,448,889, $1,808,889, $1,808,889, $1,808,889

There is hardly any difference. Next year the cap hit is almost zero so it’s really a 7 year buyout. So the only difference is the extra year at $2.1 million. 

If they are buying out OEL, they are either doing it this summer or they’ll wait and least 2 more years. 

The other option is to try and trade him with retention. He has a NMC which is the reason he can’t be traded or even sent to Abby. 

Press box... forever.... He may retire for medical reasons... #splintersinmyarse 

Edited by spook007
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yes, it's very, very concerning that the defense is still a mess and they better focus all their attention on fixing the back end over the summer, otherwise we'll have a repeat of this season.   Hopefully that Detroit kid (HornWreck) turns into something if/when he ever gets healthy enough to play again and they purge our 3 other regular AHL Caliber defensemen because we're likely going to be stuck with OEL for a bit longer 

Our defense has been in shambles for 4-5 years now and all the Management keeps doing is drafting and trading for wingers, wingers and more wingers with very few exceptions.

Agree, but with the trade for Hronek, they at least seem to be trying to address the issue. Still need at least one more top 4 defensive D-man instead of Myers....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1