The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

A bit surprised Bo made that comment given in general he had quite a few supporters here (including myself) - also surprised since NYI have not actually made the playoffs just yet as Pens are just 1 point behind - anyway there are much more pressing matters here than somewhat salty comments from former players.

My initial reaction was the same as yours. Listening to the full tape it didn't sound good. " for free" ? what was that all about? 

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My initial reaction was the same as yours. Listening to the full tape it didn't sound good. " for free" ? what was that all about? 

I don’t understand that either. Unless “for free” add is to indicate it’s a very private thought that would normally cost a lot to pry loose. Kind of if you desire really good information it will cost big money. 
Maybe Bo is a guy who judges value based on dollars? He cares way too much about the size of his wallet compared to other players. That must have been causing the rift in the room. Bo was jealous of other players’ wallets being bigger. Bo has “wallet envy”. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Nice.

Oh and Quinn, there is no hope or try next early at the start. There is only do!

May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars

AMEN !  

That is so "clichè " it sounds like it was taken right off the usual season ending script from our GM"s ever year where they end their excuse speech by saying "we'll get there in another 2-3 years".    

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes, it's very, very concerning that the defense is still a mess and they better focus all their attention on fixing the back end over the summer, otherwise we'll have a repeat of this season.   Hopefully that Detroit kid (HornWreck) turns into something if/when he ever gets healthy enough to play again and they purge our 3 other regular AHL Caliber defensemen because we're likely going to be stuck with OEL for a bit longer 

Our defense has been in shambles for 4-5 years now and all the Management keeps doing is drafting and trading for wingers, wingers and more wingers with very few exceptions.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yes, it's very, very concerning that the defense is still a mess and they better focus all their attention on fixing the back end over the summer, otherwise we'll have a repeat of this season.   Hopefully that Detroit kid (HornWreck) turns into something and they purge our 3 other regular AHL Caliber defensemen because we're likely going to be stuck with OEL.

Clearly the Wings were a much better team with Hronek. It’s also clear that in the games he played for us he will carry our second pairing and be fabulous.

Hughes, Juulsson 

Hirose, Hronek

Wolsnen, Woo

Burroughs

No more softy OEL and Zoo guy Myers. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

What a whirlwind this season has been , It was emotional for me last night because we will will lose such a good commentator in Cheech and then negative comments of course because we are Vancouver right?..It sucks to see the drop in GDT and PGT, The people that put in the work to create those threads deserve the same love.

So, Cheers You and let's keep rocking this message board.

13 hours ago, AngryElf said:

I’m so glad I staked out my spot at the blue carpet, I got 21 (!!!) signatures on my Bo skate jersey, including Babych, McLean and Rota! 

It was such a cool experience seeing everyone in suits and plain clothes and just have a conversation with them. I congratulated Breezer on his contract and he was noticeably touched, clearly it meant a lot after his long path to the pros. I feel really awful for Pearson, the guy has a huge brace on his left hand and answered “we’ll see” when I asked if he would be able to play next year. Mikheyev’s handler kept trying to push him to leave at the end and he just wouldn’t stop signing autographs xD The security supervisor just started laughing while he held the door open for him for a solid 4-5 minutes. 

All in all I got: 

Aman, Wolanin, Mikheyev, Brisebois, Garland, Studnicka, Kuzmenko, OEL, Myers, Miller, Hughes, Dries, Podz, Hronek, Pearson, Boeser, Hirose and Delia for current guys, then Babych, McLean and Rota for alumni. 

90A47C6A-CFF7-4CEF-88BB-0A422CE53ABC.jpeg

Wait, what... YOU aren't Garland???  ;) 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Well, you know...if it doesn't work out, they can always trade Kuz for a 1st!:lol:

Kuz would get a first and a player. Hell of a lot more than Boeser, and any others on this roster that seem to be able to get away with haphazard efforts. I'm going out on a limb, Tocchet won't be the coach in two seasons.

The more I think about it, the more Pittsburgh comparisons I see. And JR and PA turned that team into a powerhouse.

Pettersson, Miller and Hughes are our Crosby Malkin and Letang.

I firmly believe this management group is taking the right approach. We have too much talent to completely rebuild and they have already made some great additions in Kuz and Hronek, among others.

Let's hope next season we make the playoffs, a little lottery luck would go a long way too.

Go Canucks Go

F U Horvat!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Who knew Horvat was a dink.........lol

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Always struck me as the Cody Hodgson type. Always putting it on for the camera and trying to be Mr Perfect.

Thats why this seems out of character for him. Seems like he was acting like a player he thinks that fanbase would like rather than staying true to his character.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Bo getting a lot of hate here and deservedly so. A former Cap should never sh!t talk his former team and fans. This is Messier level. Unacceptable.

This is what you could call taking the bo road…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

24 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Bo getting a lot of hate here and deservedly so. A former Cap should never sh!t talk his former team and fans. This is Messier level. Unacceptable.

Says a lot about character, disappointing. Announcer kind of cornered him for the comment , but he didn’t have to take the bo road.

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1