The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I agree....so much time and effort put in and we're getting some great information and stories of the game we love.

Cheers to Rocket-68 for such a great piece of work again (like all GDT's he's done).

As a woman, even being in this environment...on a hockey site, can be daunting at times. Sure, as we get familiar we become more confident here but it can be a battle at times. We don't have too many female members from what I gather and it can be hostile territory at times. We have to constantly prove against the puck bunny label and that we're not just here for the eye candy. We love hockey. We share the same interest in sports as our male counterparts. We follow the game closely and try to learn as much as we can about it. This forum has been very good to me for the most part...I'm grateful to be here, in this role. But it doesn't come without some "stuff"...especially behind the scenes. Not that I don't deserve criticism...far from it. My homerism can be annoying I'm sure. I am a bit of a pigheaded stubborn woman who digs her heels in at times. But I stay because there are so many good people here...hockey folks....the best people to know.

I'm feeling blue today....home. Sick again (damn immune system since I had COVID...ran myself ragged last week and now I'm completely depleted). No regrets, saw the last 4 home games in person and got to see it through). Have to miss a fancy gala on the weekend that I've been looking forward to (don't want to spread my germs). Hockey is ending (well at least the meaningful stuff).

But seeing all the good stuff people are posting reminds me that this community is the best. And threads like this GDT (with the amazing OP) are healing.

Get well very soon! I love homerism too, and I'll take being called out for being too critical. This is what the Canucks have been doing to me since the beginning, and I've seen it all. Last summer was tough for all the wrong reasons, that circus should never have happened, and nor shall it ever happen again. Hopefully management has a plan that works, and can get it done over the season. There's too much talent being wasted on this team.

• Like 1

First just want to add my thanks to the mods and admins and everyone who contributes here.  We are all fans. We wouldn't be here if we weren't. Even if we have different opinions on just how we go about working towards landing the Holy Grail, that is what we all want for Vancouver. I certainly have no ill feelings towards anyone I have argued with based on their opinions on a hockey team. Never blocked anyone and never will. We are all Canucks.

Now, can anyone tell me:   Will it matter if they lose or win tonight as far as their draft position? Can they fall below another team, or is it set now regardless?  Because it sure would be nice to be able to cheer on a win for their final game of the season....like 100% cheering, not this horrible kind of contradictory support where it almost feels guilty to feel happy when they score and especially if they win a game and add another 2 points to their tally.

gawd it sucks to be in this position as a fan. I hope we don't experience this for a long time again. Go Canucks Go!

:frantic:

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

First just want to add my thanks to the mods and admins and everyone who contributes here.  We are all fans. We wouldn't be here if we weren't. Even if we have different opinions on just how we go about working towards landing the Holy Grail, that is what we all want for Vancouver. I certainly have no ill feelings towards anyone I have argued with based on their opinions on a hockey team. Never blocked anyone and never will. We are all Canucks.

Now, can anyone tell me:   Will it matter if they lose or win tonight as far as their draft position? Can they fall below another team, or is it set now regardless?  Because it sure would be nice to be able to cheer on a win for their final game of the season....like 100% cheering, not this horrible kind of contradictory support where it almost feels guilty to feel happy when they score and especially if they win a game and add another 2 points to their tally.

gawd it sucks to be in this position as a fan. I hope we don't experience this for a long time again. Go Canucks Go!

3.5% vs 3.0% so pretty much immaterial. Team actively avoided tanking, didn't agree with the decision but that's what they did. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

3.5% vs 3.0% so pretty much immaterial. Team actively avoided tanking, didn't agree with the decision but that's what they did. 

We can actually fall all the way to 8th best odds! 

So 6.5% for first and 6% for second I believe.  

Thank you to everyone that's contributed to this forum.  

I have been on Reddit since 2010 and I have to say that CDC is hands down better in every way. 

I enjoy the depth of information that's available here, there's lots of hockey nerds (meant as a compliment), and lots of different opinions that makes for excellent discussion/arguing/discourse. 

I am looking forward to the playoffs, then the draft lottery, and mostly the summer draft. 

Needless to say, there are likely a number of players who are playing in their very last game in a Canucks uniform.   Aside from a half dozen players who are relatively secure, it's anyone guess who will be here or not next year, as JR is backed into a corner on the cap front and the pressing need to plug several holes all over the roster, so it will be interesting to see how different this team looks in a half year from now.   

Who do you speculate is playing in their last Canucks game tonight?   

(My guess is; BB6, Myers, Garland, Aman, Kravtsov, Studnika, Burroughs, Juulson, Dries and very possibly Beauvillier and maybe even JTM - if JR decides to "cash out" on either of them.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

15 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We can actually fall all the way to 8th best odds! 

So 6.5% for first and 6% for second I believe.  

we can't catch philly, so i think 6% or 5% is the best remaining assuming wsh and det win.

We'll have a slim chance. Want bedard though fantilli seems like a good one as does dvorsky.

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
d
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I think the team can lose out on a better draft seed. 

So, the tank needs to ride one last time. 

• Thanks 1