The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Needless to say, there are likely a number of players who are playing in their very last game in a Canucks uniform.   Aside from a half dozen players who are relatively secure, it's anyone guess who will be here or not next year, as JR is backed into a corner on the cap front and the pressing need to plug several holes all over the roster, so it will be interesting to see how different this team looks in a half year from now.   

Who do you speculate is playing in their last Canucks game tonight?   

(My guess is; BB6, Myers, Garland, Aman, Kavtsov, Studnika, Burroughs, Juulson, Dries and very possibly Beauvillier and maybe even JTM - if JR decides to "cash out" on either of them.

Brock,Myers,Dried and maybe Miller if the price is right but doubt it.  

Beau might as his stick is high.  

Rest not to sure but yes Stud and Burr might as well but that would be a lot of players gone and think it would be a mistake to move to many.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Needless to say, there are likely a number of players who are playing in their very last game in a Canucks uniform.   Aside from a half dozen players who are relatively secure, it's anyone guess who will be here or not next year, as JR is backed into a corner on the cap front and the pressing need to plug several holes all over the roster, so it will be interesting to see how different this team looks in a half year from now.   

(My guess is; BB6, Myers, Garland, Aman, Kravtsov, Studnika, Burroughs, Juulson, Dries and very possibly Beauvillier and maybe even JTM - if JR decides to "cash out" on either of them.

Too much change and we risk another slow start/chemistry gap. My prediction is Dries, and Studnika, Burroughs. I think we are stuck with BB and Garland for a bit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

(My guess is; BB6, Myers, Garland, Aman, Kavtsov, Studnika, Burroughs, Juulson, Dries and very possibly Beauvillier and maybe even JTM - if JR decides to "cash out" on either of them.

That is a lot, but I guess it's possible. 

Aman no chance we let walk away. I think he has been a pleasant surprise and is still young. Similarly with Kratsov. Still young and no harm in giving him another year to try and make it. 

I think they look for a trade for Meyers, up to 50% retained, but mainly try and move him without giving up assets. Likely target a team like Arizona who needs to reach the cap floor. 

And 1-2 forwards will be moved I think. A toss up between Garland, Boeser, Beau and Miller. Whatever the best deal is for Van will be the deciding factor. Miller I'm a little unsure on if they would want to move him or not anymore. Sounds like Pitts was willing to pay 2 first round picks and still might be in the offseason, but that leaves Van without a #2C and they are still looking for someone to take the #3C role. \

They will try to resign Bear to a short term/cheap contract I think. Dermotte is tougher with the injuries, but they may look to lowball him a 1 year deal if he is healthy. 

Edited by Bobby James
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Boy, we're sure gonna miss our Tank Commander next year.... Heinz 57 Symbol 

and his displays of affection for our teams top dogs....heinz GIFs Search | Find, Make & Share Gfycat GIFs

All the best..........!

Not sure who the Tank Commander will be next year. Will take October off and be back in November. Yikes! Nope not again. RT won't go for that. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

Godspeed. I haven't had McD's since the fateful cheeseburger eating competition I had with my roommate 15 years ago... 28 cheeseburgers, and I still feel sick about it.

So if you got 28 how many did your roommate do?

"Literally all of Vancouver's peer teams have gone about doing the things that Vancouver hasn't, that Sat is describing as impractical. Look around and see if it's feasible? There's only one team behaving this way!"

Drance having a meltdown....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rather just one White Spot Double/Double, than 28 cheeseburgers. Ick.

Yeah, one doesn't cut it for an eating contest though.

On the topic of burgers though, does anyone know if Ms. Vickies still around in Nanaimo, and if so, do they still have the mountain burger?

6 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Just not ready for this to be over yet.

Also...can we please celebrate the fact that JT's nearly at 300 points here?

He's been a ppg player since he arrived here (297 pts in his 282 games here).

Fewest games to 300 points in Canucks history: Pavel Bure (246); Elias Pettersson (306); Thomas Gradin (330); Patrik Sundstrom (337)

Compare yer bud w/ Hogtown's JT

Tavares ..278 gp(4 seasons) & 266 pts ..PO's: 13 gp & 9 pts(nasty injury in Habs series)

Over this period his cap AAV has basically been DOUBLE. The draft day, TBay deal was a grand slam.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Yeah, one doesn't cut it for an eating contest though.

On the topic of burgers though, does anyone know if Ms. Vickies still around in Nanaimo, and if so, do they still have the mountain burger?

My friends and I just got into a discussion of existence and non-existence (After too much coffee) We went to a McD's drive through. (Deep thoughts,cheap food )

My buddy asked for a non-existent big mac along with our food. Sure enough we got our order and there was a empty big mac box with our food.

We freaked out that the poor guy working late was on the same wavelength as we were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1