The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you Cheech

I beleive you have some of the best eyes in the business. You see details of plays right away, things take many viewers a few replays to notice. You have always been a great homer and defender of our team. Thank you for following up with all the rules and calls that you question via phone calls to T.O.

Most of all thank you for your heart and kindness. You will be very missed.

Good job John. Good Job. 

Awww, now you've gone and done it (well said).

I'm still in denial.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Cheech’s last game :sadno:

Thanks for the wonderful laughs, game analysis, inside jokes, picking up on things that Shorty misses, your intuition of calls happening in the game, and sharing your wonderful stories and game expertise as well everything in between. Happy retirement.

Man it’s going to be sad. Shorty’s going to feel real emotional tonight, much like the rest of us. I basically grew up with these 2 the last 15 years as an almost now 28 year old.

:(

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Juulsen on waivers...hope we don't lose him

A bit surprising but PA is hoping that he clears given he has an injury. Not a bad depth defenseman which all teams need, especially the Canucks ...

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/canucks-noah-juulsen-placed-on-waivers/

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

If the Canucks score 2 (or more) goals in their final game, they’ll have achieved their highest goals-for in a season since 1995-96.

Currently, with 271 goals-for, they’re already the highest scoring Canucks team since 2009-10 (272 goals).

(The 1995-96 Canucks scored 278. The team would need 8 goals tonight to surpass that number.)

This season’s team also, unfortunately, has the distinction of having the highest goals-against of any Canucks team since 1990-91. 

(That 1990-91 Canucks had 315 goals-against. Seems a safe bet we won’t see that number surpassed this season.)

The current Canucks have given up 294 goals-against, more than any other Canucks team in the last 32 years.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, rychicken said:

I may not make it into the thread tonight during game time, so I will say this now

THANK YOU to the Admins and Moderators for all that you do! There can sometimes be heated discussions, etc but this board is the best run message board I have participated in - in any genre; sports, finance and other hobbies I am interested in.

Also THANK YOU to those who create these GDTs. Your efforts to include info, photos and other interesting and pertinent info is appreciated

THANK YOU to Goalie13 for all of your work on the Predict The Score contest!

THANK YOU to all that post (yes, even the ones I have on ignore lol)....I really appreciate learning from, laughing with and lamenting Myers' play with you during the games

THANK YOU to Vintage Canuck,...what else can be said...you are simply the best!

Chat with some of you during the playoffs and off-season...to the others....see you next year. Be well!

Thank you to you @rychicken for putting into words, what we are all thinking.

This really is a special place, and a great place for us all...

Thank you to everyone...

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1