• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 02:00 AM

Just now, NZCanuck said:

Both the US and Canadian commentary teams called the high stick (in NZ so get the ESPN coverage). Seems everyone but you saw the contact. 

Complete BS. And it has to be conclusive to overturn the call on the ice. That is inconclusive at best. 

• There it is 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I have no problem with LA winning another cup.  My all time favourite player Wayne Gretzky played for them. Chicago is a different story though. So no…

Yeah I don't like LA, but I don't have some deep-seated animosity for them like I do with the Alberta teams or the Leafs. If LA won my reaction would be "meh".

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Clearly the puck hits the end of the blade . 

Clearly it didn’t or they would have reversed the call.  It wasn’t conclusive at all.  The puck was flickering all the way up.  You can’t call a goal back if you don’t know for sure…

• Cheers 1

Just now, drdeath said:

Jay Woodcroft is an absolute idiot. His argument for why it’s a high stick is that the greatest player on earth put his hand up? McDavid is always crying for calls. Doesn’t mean he’s right 

No that's exactly why its a high stick. He's McDavid. Its Edmonton. Did you know they've won 5 cups? And had Gretzky? And have a big mall?

They should be entitled to the cup this year AND Bedard.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

No that's exactly why its a high stick. He's McDavid. Its Edmonton. Did you know they've won 5 cups? And had Gretzky? And have a big mall?

They should be entitled to the cup this year AND Bedard.

Lol. Fair tbh!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Clearly it didn’t or they would have reversed the call.  It wasn’t conclusive at all.  The puck was flickering all the way up.  You can’t call a goal back if you don’t know for sure…

I thought it was obvious that the puck would have continued up on his own momentum of not for hitting something. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I disagree. You can see the speed of the puck as it's going up. Without the stick, the puck keeps going up. It hit the curled end of the blade 

this angle makes it look like it was the natural arc and his stick was in the vicinity. but the reverse angle looks like it 100% dropped dead after hitting his stick 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I thought it was obvious that the puck would have continued up on his own momentum of not for hitting something. 

The puck was moving up but seemed to slow down as it reached the stick blade level.  I don’t doubt that it actually hit the tip of the blade, but it was not conclusive and you can’t reverse a goal unless it’s conclusive. Similarly, if the play was ruled a high stick then they wouldn’t have reversed that call either.  

The call on the ice stands unless there is “conclusive” evidence otherwise…

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1