The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

How do people keep thinking we could get pics back for Myers. 

Myers at the deadline with 50% retained is brining back picks.

6'5 RHD for 3mil in cap, and under 500k actual money, prorated. 

I know Myers is this subs Nickleback, but any contending team would love to add a guy like Myers to slot into their bottom pair for a playoff run. 

Just look at the names of defenders that have been moved the past 4-5 trade deadlines, and the assets they returned. 

It shouldn't be all that surprising to think Myers would actually have some value. 

What is more shocking are the amount of people on this board that would rather run with the narrative that "MyErz Sux" that actually pay attention to the market. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Myers at the deadline with 50% retained is brining back picks.

6'5 RHD for 3mil in cap, and under 500k actual money, prorated. 

I know Myers is this subs Nickleback, but any contending team would love to add a guy like Myers to slot into their bottom pair for a playoff run. 

Just look at the names of defenders that have been moved the past 4-5 trade deadlines, and the assets they returned. 

It shouldn't be all that surprising to think Myers would actually have some value. 

What is more shocking are the amount of people on this board that would rather run with the narrative that "MyErz Sux" that actually pay attention to the market. 

6’8”.
Believe it when I see it.  Contending teams want stability not chaos. 
The problem is not perception the problem has been Myers has been bad and getting worse. 
He was at least somewhat serviceable last year when OEL was playing better and carrying him. When OEL struggled this year they both were a disaster. 
Maybe he will have a comeback season or maybe we will be able to trade him for futures at deadline but I don’t really believe it except in the situation of bad contract in for bad contract out. 

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Risto is a worse version of Myers on a longer contract.  This would be comparable to the OEL trade.

I'd even go further and say Risto is worse. If we look at OEL just as a Canucks he actually played 1 solid season on a terrible D team and then had 1 bad season (reportedly hurt). 

No to Risto, we don't need another big roaming Dman that can't handle the D side of the game very well. 

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

If Karlsson is the poster boy for comeback king D-men this year, Ristolainen is a solid runner-up candidate.  Something changed in him under Torts.  He turned into a very solid two-way player who plays good defence.  I never thought I'd say that about someone like him, especially after such an abysmal start in Philly.

Which brings me to my point - I'm not sure if Philly wants to trade him away.  I think Ristolainen is still a bit overpaid but he's providing good value to that Flyers blueline.  He's one of the good stories to come out of what has been a tough rebuilding season.  

The Brad Shaw effect?

3 hours ago, mll said:

Chicago talked of at least 5 years if not longer to rebuild correctly this time.  Sure sounds like they are tanking for the foreseeable future and not just next season.

Would expect Tampa to try and move Seabrook back to Chicago for future considerations.

Chicago has options to settle their cap situation before 15 September.  Will they wait on the Canucks or just take any other option to have it resolved early.

Yeah, Chicago is looking at being bad a long long time.  

They can sustain it, while a team like Anaheim may not be able to.  

Gonna be interesting to see what another two years of empty seats and no playoffs will do for Anaheim's ownership. 

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Chicago should pick up Brock he'd probably do well there. He'd have every offensive opportunity.

Why would a team doing a complete tear down want a 26 year old winger with an expensive contract that doesn’t save them any real dollars compared to cap dollars? 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Why would a team doing a complete tear down want a 26 year old winger with an expensive contract that doesn’t save them any real dollars compared to cap dollars? 

Because he’s a character guy who instantly becomes their best player and leader. That’s why. 

On 4/26/2023 at 2:04 PM, DrJockitch said:

The problem is not perception the problem has been Myers has been bad and getting worse. 

Is this true though? 

I feel like (and thought the advance stats backed it up) that last season was Meyers best in Vancouver so far? Him and OEL were really solid together. 

I think Meyers is the type of Dman that can do well next to a solid and reliable defensive style partner. He has good qualities like size and a decent amount of physicality (except when it morphs into dumb penalties). Also not the worst skater either. 

Our main issue with Meyers in Vancouver is just part of the larger D-core problem. There is no structure and it isn't built with smart pairings in mind. Our Dman have been swapping partners for years at this point, with the hope something will stick and work out. 

Hopefully we can move him this offseason, not get much back but also not have to pay. Or next season at the deadline if he has a decent year in Van under the new group, we retain 50% and move him to a playoff team who is needing another RHD and has a spot available. That is a big boy that can play a lot and can move up the lineup in a playoff run if needed. 

Otherwise worst case he plays another year in Van then the contract expires. $6 million in cap freed up just as Hronek (and some other young players) might have a new deal kicking in.