The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Tocchet : Canucks, Playoffs, and Gretzky - Missin Curfew Interview.

Rate this topic

Canuck You

6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Love how much OB holds it down for Vancouver and the Canucks organization, even if it was a short tenure, he's a Canuck for life.

You can really tell this organization is well aligned head to toe now from the scouts, to the development team, to the coaching staff and to the management team.

Let's hope they can build something special like in Pittsburgh.

OB stands up for his mates. When Bo said his stupid comment about the fans in Vancouver, OB stood up for the fans here.  He was very critical of Bo and said the fans here are great, which we are. 

Tocchet knows what players must sacrifice to be their absolute best and win. He understands it's a sacrifice for each player and that it extends to the group. If a player isn't committed to his teammates (and shows it by on and off ice sacrifices) then we don't want him. 

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tocchet knows what players must sacrifice to be their absolute best and win. He understands it's a sacrifice for each player and that it extends to the group. If a player isn't committed to his teammates (and shows it by on and off ice sacrifices) then we don't want him. 

.He has proved his excellence by his incredible head coaching record. No wonder he fairly beat out all the other candidates for job. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Love how much OB holds it down for Vancouver and the Canucks organization, even if it was a short tenure, he's a Canuck for life.

You can really tell this organization is well aligned head to toe now from the scouts, to the development team, to the coaching staff and to the management team.

That's what I am seeing too, we finally have personnel who know what they are doing. Its like we have been stuck in cruise control for the last decade or so doing the same things over and over. 

Imagine hockey players playing real hockey, NHL Coaches Coaching and management making decisions that actually improve the team. 

Really sounds like a great player's coach, great for the media, says all the right things. Interesting about the mistakes part - you could really see it the last few years, mistakes on the ice would snowball whereas with Rick they seem to be managing them better. Great to hear he'll make some trips around to visit people during the off-season too. Based on what he's said, give the C to Hughes all day.

Interesting little point about how Rick wants a heavy forechecking guy and they might be looking for one...

9 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Free drinks and 1000 groupies at the Roxy will do that 

Great interview. Really liked the insights. 

Looks like Hughes is the front runner for the C. I suspected Petey or Miller, but hearing how Huggy wants to improve and shows the commitment, I am 100% ok with him getting the C. 

Comments on Brock make me think they are going to let him work it out. He better have a good off season and come to camp hungry and in shape. If i were Brock i'd get back to Vancity weeks earlier and show the commitment. Actions speak loudly with this regime it seems. 

The leadership discussion was interesting. I suspected they were missing loud glue guys that hold the team accountable. I'd be happy if they could find a hard-nosed veteran this summer. Would love it if they could move a few wingers and find a way to get O'Reilly as the 3C. Even getting a guy like Erik Johnson or bring back Schenn. 

• Vintage 1

OB saying he thinks we need more sandpaper/toughness and Rick agreeing was beautiful.

Hopefully we can target guys like Domi/Bertuzzi/Graves and trade Garland for a worse player at half the caphit but brings a physical element