The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

11th overall pick in the 2023 Entry Draft

Rate this topic

KyGuy123

49 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

Button does seem to have a good track record of identifying talent, which makes me worried that Reinbacher dropped to #24 and he's still there at 11th when we pick. 

Fret not, he had Seider at #26 for his final rankings in 2019

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Benson is falling like a rock according to these two. Maybe we trade down? 

Them not rating him high doesn’t mean someone  won’t pick them based on their own list… it just means there is a greater likelihood he isn’t worth the higher pick someone might take them at.

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Pronman 5-15th

5. Danielson

Smith

Reinbacher

But

Barlow

Honzek

11. Dvorsky

Yager

Benson

Moore

15. Leonard

Button 5-15th

5. Sandin-Pelikka

Smith

Sale

Wallinder

Dvorsky

Barlow

11. Wood

Leonard

Ritchie

Benson

15. Perrault

Both are kind of all over the board. Pronman has us taking Dvorsky and Button has us taking Wood. I would take Leonard or Barlow. Dvorsky high on both if he slips.

Instead of trading away our 11th OA for Lafreniere like some are saying JUST STOP.  Enough trading our 1st rounders, when will the Canucks learn?  You can get a third line centre in Dvorsky or later in the draft. Why are we the team that always gets fleeced by smarter GMs?

• RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Instead of trading away our 11th OA for Lafreniere like some are saying JUST STOP.  Enough trading our 1st rounders, when will the Canucks learn?  You can get a third line centre in Dvorsky or later in the draft. Why are we the team that always gets fleeced by smarter GMs?

Seems you have PBSD. We have competent management now. We aren’t trading 11OA unless it’s to move down and get more picks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Give examples please as many as you can so we can see that we always.

4 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

8 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

@CanuckleHorse here's some backup. @Pure961089, quick answer; we're not.

Naslund for Stojanov

Luongo for Bertuzzi and Allen

Bear and Pederson for a 5th

Schmidt for a 3rd

Beauvillier, Raty and a 1st for Horvat

Hronek for a 1st and 2nd

Schenn for a 3rd

Hamonic for a 3rd

Juolevi for Lammikko and Juulsen

Gudbranson for Pearson

This is off the top of my head.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

@CanuckleHorse here's some backup. @Pure961089, quick answer; we're not.

Naslund for Stojanov

Luongo for Bertuzzi and Allen

Bear and Pederson for a 5th

Schmidt for a 3rd

Beauvillier, Raty and a 1st for Horvat

Hronek for a 1st and 2nd

Schenn for a 3rd

Hamonic for a 3rd

Juolevi for Lammikko and Juulsen

Gudbranson for Pearson

This is off the top of my head.

Edited by CanuckleHorse

12 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Wyatt Johnston is the reason you do t give up on 1st rounders. Picked #23 OA in the 2021 draft. 

….how is that an example of not giving up on a 1st rounder? If anything Johnston is an example of a guy hitting his stride right about when a late first rounder should (if not earlier). 

On 5/16/2023 at 6:13 AM, CanuckleHorse said:

It only takes 1 to cripple a franchise.  Honestly I have no complaints so far with Allvin, he's done pretty good, and most of Benning's trades were good. Some glaring mistakes though McCann scoring 40 goals stings, seeing Forsling play so well hurts. Seeing Dylan Guenther looking like a promising star sucks.  And we're stuck with OEL.  The Canucks don't often get fleeced, but when they do it's a doozy.  

Could contain: Alcohol, Beer, Beverage, Beer Bottle, Bottle, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Portrait

• There it is 1

22 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

It only takes 1 to cripple a franchise.  Honestly I have no complaints so far with Allvin, he's done pretty good, and most of Benning's trades were good. Some glaring mistakes though McCann scoring 40 goals stings, seeing Forsling play so well hurts. Seeing Dylan Guenther looking like a promising star sucks.  And we're stuck with OEL.  The Canucks don't often get fleeced, but when they do it's a doozy.  

Could contain: Alcohol, Beer, Beverage, Beer Bottle, Bottle, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Portrait

McCann was happy to go you can’t please everyone and Forsling was a waiver pickup the team that let him go got absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

McCann was happy to go you can’t please everyone and Forsling was a waiver pickup the team that let him go got absolutely nothing.

The Canucks have made some good trades as you've mentioned but they've made some blunders as well. I think this management team evaluates talent better than in the past.  But here are some. https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-best-worst-trades-all-time. I totally forgot about Grabner. 

5 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

The Canucks have made some good trades as you've mentioned but they've made some blunders as well. I think this management team evaluates talent better than in the past.  But here are some. https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-best-worst-trades-all-time. I totally forgot about Grabner. 

Coach V wasn’t a fan of Ballard if he used him more that trade would be not so one sided.

On 5/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, Strawbone said:

Every time I watch the playoffs, and it's the same this year, I'm reminded that pure skill and goal-scoring does not seem to win cups, despite incredible regular season success. So I hope the Canucks pick a big, gritty, hard-hitting player with enough skill to contribute, but who's strengths lie more in the grind of the playoffs. We do not need more top-end forward talent.

Reinbacher, Wood, Leonard, Barlow, Dvorsky, Willander, Danielson, Stenberg in that order for me. If we want size and grit for the playoffs. All great choices at 11 if you're thinking past fancy perimeter players. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Reinbacher, Wood, Leonard, Barlow, Dvorsky, Willander, Danielson, Stenberg in that order for me. If we want size and grit for the playoffs. All great choices at 11 if you're thinking past fancy perimeter players. 

And SPEED !