The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Memorial Cup Thread

Rate this topic

Disappointing loss for the Blazers. I used to work with Stankoven’s uncle back in the 80’s. Super nice guy and an awesome hockey player in his own right.

It’s scary how much Logan looks like his uncle. Every time the camera pans on Logan, I do a double take. 

In any event, Logan’s a great young player who plays the game the right way. Maybe a Joe Pavelski in the making. I’m hoping that he develops into a great pro.

On another note, I loved the interview with Iggy. He just seems like a genuinely great guy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Well, that game was clearly won with the big hit and the subsequent pounding. Blazers end up the worst of the 4 teams. Their top guns shot blanks. 

Stankoven and Zellweger both scored, with Stankoven finishing over 2 points per game for the tournament.  Goaltending let them down.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Stankoven and Zellweger both scored, with Stankoven finishing over 2 points per game for the tournament.  Goaltending let them down.

Good for them. But that's not winning. Those guys needed to make sacrifices and they didn't. So they lost. Zelweger will be a player but the little feller will be in Europe. Too small. Too slow. Too scared. 

Just a brutal way for the Blazers to lose....

One of their guys almost goes coast to coast, but can't quite finish....then as the puck goes the other way, one of their defenders blows a tire and takes out the goalie, allowing the Petes an easy winner.....:wacko:

Lets go Seattle!

• Cheers 3