The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Russia-Ukraine war 2023.

Honky Cat

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Not sure why this thread has been deleted. Its obviously one of the most important world events in recent history.

Are we in denial here.?

it was moved to the adults club. Are you a member? Im sure someone can give you an invite but Im not sure who to ask.

11 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

it was moved to the adults club. Are you a member? Im sure someone can give you an invite but Im not sure who to ask.

There's an adults club? I think I should be in there....I mean, I'm in my 50's, just because I identify as 12, I should still be able to get in, right?

14 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Not sure why this thread has been deleted. Its obviously one of the most important world events in recent history.

Are we in denial here.?

This is BS. Another way to control speech. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I mean, I get it - he prefers the discussions to be out in the open, because daylight is the best disinfectant.

However, and this is just speculation on my part, it's entirely possible that trying to moderate the thread in the open OT was becoming too much of a burden, especially with the presence of trolls and flamers.  I can understand their choice to move it to the club and let discussion continue there.

I just hope @Boudrias understands that we're not an echo chamber there and that much fruitful and meaningful discussion happens there as it does here.

Totally understand as well. 

We moderate ourselves at The Table so take some of the burden off the Moderators on the Main Board. 

Our Club has many threads and topics so it feels and looks like Off-Topic too. 

We welcome all perspectives and opinions. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I mean, I get it - he prefers the discussions to be out in the open, because daylight is the best disinfectant.

However, and this is just speculation on my part, it's entirely possible that trying to moderate the thread in the open OT was becoming too much of a burden, especially with the presence of trolls and flamers.  I can understand their choice to move it to the club and let discussion continue there.

I just hope @Boudrias understands that we're not an echo chamber there and that much fruitful and meaningful discussion happens there as it does here.

You make a good point that makes sense to me. The mods are volunteers. I suspect the 'troll' that was posting early this morning might have triggered the response. Why wouldn't that have been stated when they shut it down? Simple explanation is all. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

You make a good point that makes sense to me. The mods are volunteers. I suspect the 'troll' that was posting early this morning might have triggered the response. Why wouldn't that have been stated when they shut it down? Simple explanation is all. 

We can do a good job in filtering out the riff-raff. 

We’re stuck with @King Heffy though, unfortunately. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

You can’t see recent posts off of cdc off topic mainpage , slight draw back.   and I don’t really know how to access the adult table off the mainpage other than using my reading list. But now I’ll just have 2 open files I guess  ?

12 minutes ago, chon derry said:

You can’t see recent posts off of cdc off topic mainpage , slight draw back.   and I don’t really know how to access the adult table off the mainpage other than using my reading list. But now I’ll just have 2 open files I guess  ?

Access to the Table is private. 

You have to sign into CDC. 

Then you have access to the Adults Table. 

I would recommend putting your settings to ‘follow’ the Russian War thread and that way you get up to date notifications of recent posts and actions to your comments.

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Access to the Table is private. 

You have to sign into CDC. 

Then you have access to the Adults Table. 

I would recommend putting your settings to ‘follow’ the Russian War thread and that way you get up to date notifications of recent posts and actions to your comments.

Using a iPhone 10. Leaving a file open works for me . Like I said slight drawback no biggy. Cheers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1