The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Boston trades Taylor Hall and the rights to UFA Nick Foligno to Chicago for the rights to RFA's Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but they can't win twice in a row right?

Unfortunately, then can...

Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.

NHL Draft Lottery changes announced for 2021

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chicago needs Hall for next year's draft so they can get Celebrini...

That was my first thought when I saw the thread 

plz tell me it’s not possible to win 1st back to back 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unfortunately, then can...

Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.

NHL Draft Lottery changes announced for 2021

OK, but isn't that the thing, it's 2023.  Chicago won.  Therefore they can't win the 2024 1st OA.

That's how I am reading it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK, but isn't that the thing, it's 2023.  Chicago won.  Therefore they can't win the 2024 1st OA.

More than 2x.  2023 is 1st and 2024 would be 2nd - they can't win a 3rd time before 2028.  

Edited by mll
  • Sad 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

Nope, they can win a maximum of twice in a 5-year period starting in 2022.  It doesn't mention anything about back-to-back...

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, mll said:

More than 2x.  2023 is 1st and 2024 would be 2nd - they can't win a 3rd time before 2028.  

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nope, they can win a maximum of twice in a 5-year period starting in 2022.  It doesn't mention anything about back-to-back...

got it

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Connor Bedard and Macklin Celebrini playing for Chicago and winning them multiple cups.  Life just isn't fair for Canucks fans.  What did we all do in a previous life?  :sadno:

All these teams packing away multipl picks from 1 through 4 and Vancouver doesn't even sniff higher than 5th

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

All these teams packing away multipl picks from 1 through 4 and Vancouver doesn't even sniff higher than 5th

That's what happens when you just look to make the playoffs. Not look at building a cup winner and building the team the right way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, LucBourdon28 said:

More than Garland/ Boeser lol

Garland is 10 times more fun to watch then Taylor Hall or Boeser. 

One is not like the others. 

Sooooo what happened with all the big "sweeteners" that Boston was gonna have to include here? 

33 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Garland is 10 times more fun to watch then Taylor Hall or Boeser. 

One is not like the others. 

Sooooo what happened with all the big "sweeteners" that Boston was gonna have to include here? 

Yeah. 
Nothing more fun than watching Garland cycle with himself on the boards then take a poor angle shot…….
Or better yet lose the board battle and the puck while doing the whole self cycle thing.  

Garland stinks. 
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I would rather watch Boeser slug around the ice, than to watch Garland and his predictable, energy wasting nonsense. 

• Wat 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chicago HAS in fact won 2 lotteries in the last 5 years. 2019 got Dach at 3rd OA when they finished around 11th, and won last year to get Bedard. They are therefore unable to win this year. 

Edit: i think that would make it 6 years, so I'm probably wrong.... 

Nevermind, wins before 2022 don't count lol. How convenient

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yeah. 
Nothing more fun than watching Garland cycle with himself on the boards then take a poor angle shot…….
Or better yet lose the board battle and the puck while doing the whole self cycle thing.  

Garland stinks. 
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I would rather watch Boeser slug around the ice, than to watch Garland and his predictable, energy wasting nonsense. 

That's your opinion, and your opinion is wrong. 

;)

21 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yeah. 

Garland stinks. 

Ooof what a brutal take. Don’t become a scout. 

• Cheers 1