The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A+ trumps A-

Rate this topic

Just noticed a thing or two while watching the playoffs:  the importance of an A+ player.

Team 1 ices 5 players: A+, B+, B+, B, C

Team 2 ices 5 players:  A-, A-, A, B+, B

Even though team 2 has, on the ice, better players than team 1, that one A+ player can instantly change a game and a series.  Didn't Vegas give a few A's and B+'s to get their A+?  

46 minutes ago, LTC123 said:

Just noticed a thing or two while watching the playoffs:  the importance of an A+ player.

Even though team 2 has, on the ice, better players than team 1, that one A+ player can instantly change a game and a series.  Didn't Vegas give a few A's and B+'s to get their A+?  

Okay so I'll name 5 players from both Vegas and Florida, and you give me their letter grades... 

Pietrangelo 

Eichel 

Stone 

Theodore 

Marchessault 

Tkachuk 

Barkov 

Reinhart 

Ekblad 

Montour 

1 hour ago, LTC123 said:

Each team has a B which cancel out.   Each team has a B+ that cancel out.  Which means it comes down to:

Team 1: A+, B+, C

Team 2: A-, A-, A

Comparing Team 2 to Team 1:

A- is 2 steps lower than A+.

A- is 1 step higher than B+.

A is 5 steps higher than C.

So Team 2 = (-2+1+5) = +4 over Team 1.

Team 2 wins.    Any questions?

• There it is 1

Letter grades are out, man. You gotta rank players as emerging, developing, proficient and extending now.

Do the Canucks have 4 extending players? I'd say so. Maybe 10 proficient, and 5 developing? 

I do not like this new system. I used to earn my A+ grades at school, and to be lumped in as "extending" with all the morons who only got A- grades would have been pretty upsetting!

• Cheers 1

It’s important to remember that hockey is a team sport, and success relies on the collective effort and synergy of all players on the ice. While an A+ player can have a significant impact, the dynamics of the team, coaching strategies, and other factors also play crucial roles in achieving success in the playoffs and beyond.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

50 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I've said this before but Henry Winkler got his "Fonze" character by copying his friend Stallone on how acted like in real life (WAY before either was "famous").  Here is a movie trailer of early roles for either actor:

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I've said this before but Henry Winkler got his "Fonze" character by copying his friend Stallone on how acted like in real life (WAY before either was "famous").  Here is a movie trailer of early roles for either actor:

Correctamundo :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s important to remember that hockey is a team sport, and success relies on the collective effort and synergy of all players on the ice. While an A+ player can have a significant impact, the dynamics of the team, coaching strategies, and other factors also play crucial roles in achieving success in the playoffs and beyond.

What??? There's something beyond the playoffs? How do you get invited to watch that hockey?

• There it is 1