The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Pierre-Luc Dubois to Kings for Gabriel Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd-round pick

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

It's not Montreal or bust, but Montreal was the preference. 

His preference was actually LA.  He wanted to go to a competitive team and not on a team still a few years away.  Dreger / LeBrun were talking about that.

Dubois wanting to go to Montreal was a misunderstanding from an interview in french with his agent where bits got lost in translation.  The host was only interested in Montreal and asked if Dubois would like to play for them.  His agent gave the answer that was expected of him but never said Montreal only.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

His preference was actually LA.  He wanted to go to a competitive team and not on a team still a few years away.  Dreger / LeBrun were talking about that.

Dubois wanting to go to Montreal was a misunderstanding from an interview in french with his agent where bits got lost in translation.  The host was only interested in Montreal and asked if Dubois would like to play for them.  His agent gave the answer that was expected of him but never said Montreal only.  

I guess it's kind of like thinking every BC born player wants to play for the Canucks 

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jumping the gun again @-Vintage Canuck- ?  Didn't you learn your lesson in the Kevin Hayes thread?  ^_^

Yeah I am not complaining because I don't put that work in and its very much appreciated when its finalized but its kind of lame to see " Trade: Player X to ..... " then you see no actual trade but hearing its coming down the pipe or waiting on confirming other assets etc..... I don't care if Friedman, Weekes or Vintage is first i'd just like to read an actual trade rather than that one is coming or waiting on a movement clause or confirmation from one party etc hahaha

• Cheers 2

They want their future Kopitar and didn't want to wait for Byfield, fair enough. How they can flip a young defenceman for a pick and still get better and better is nuts. Vilardi may well outscore PLD next year too so it's a risky move in many ways but if it pays off, wow. PLD isn't quite the guy I'd hitch my wagon to as a top line center right away so we'll see how this turns out down the line...

I think the Kings will surround him with good players so will surely be a win for them.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not looking good for the Canucks next year.

G Knights 

Oilers

Kings 

Are probably locks in the Pacific, our best bet is to beat out the Flames and Kraken for a wild card spot. 

Weren't the Flames supposed to be a lock last season? Until the trade deadline and free agency have passed, it's too early to tell, outside of Vegas really. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Weren't the Flames supposed to be a lock last season? Until the trade deadline and free agency have passed, it's too early to tell, outside of Vegas really. 

I dont see Mcdavid missing the playoffs Oilers have to be one of the most all in teams this year and next. LA could falter but they have a good combination of great vets and young impact players still on ELC's. Anything can happen though. Im more worried about Anaheim leap frogging us after a successful rebuild.   

Edited by Bure_Pavel

29 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

What about Montreal? Dubois doesn't have any trade protection, so the Jets are getting any kind of value for him since he made it clear he was a Hab summer of 2024. 

Can't see this deal being made without a contact in place. PLD's camp was reportedly talking with LA about an extension.

• Like 1

Just now, Maginator said:

Can't see this deal being made without a contact in place. PLD's camp was reportedly talking with LA about an extension.

It's an 8 year deal - can only be done through a sign and trade. 

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I dont see Mcdavid missing the playoffs Oilers have to be one of the most all in teams this year and next. LA could falter but they have a good combination of great vets and young impact players still on ELC's. Anything can happen though. Im more worried about Anaheim leap frogging us after a successful rebuild.   

It will be interesting to see what every other team does in the division this summer. I do not think the Canucks will sit idly by, but I also think they'll be shrewd and make some solid deals. They might not be popular right away, but I do think, come September, the Canucks will have a roster with a more defined identity. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Is Jim Benning the new Kings GM? They're trading away future players for the win now idea. Also missing Durzi now. They're not winning anything soon.

Even though Doughty and Kopitar are older, they still probably have one more run in them.