The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Pierre-Luc Dubois to Kings for Gabriel Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd-round pick

36 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

Jeez, still have to fill 6 roster spots with $4.5M… 

LA must have some other trades coming up

Yeah, they can't even ice a 23 man roster with league mins 

Just now, granpappy said:

yes ... we have, oel is out of the rotation

Canucks will probably get better but I don't think it's enough to catch up with Edmonton and Vegas plus LA and Seattle look to improve exponentially more than Vancouver 

• There it is 1

38 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So Kopitar - Dubios - Danault 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the best top 9 center line up in the western conference? 

Haven't seen a line up this good since Crosby - Malkin - Staal 

Better than Draisaitl-McDavid-Whoever?  Not even close. I despise Edm, but these 2 guys are a problem. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, iinatcc said:

Canucks will probably get better but I don't think it's enough to catch up with Edmonton and Vegas plus LA and Seattle look to improve exponentially more than Vancouver 

Canucks will be better than the LA Queens. That team will implode once PLD’s cancer infests their locker room. I can see Doughty and him get into lots of fights. 

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Canucks will be better than the LA Queens. That team will implode once PLD’s cancer infests their locker room. I can see Doughty and him get into lots of fights. 

Or PLD could thrive in LA. Just like Jeff Carter (as folks in Sportsnet pointed out)

7 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Is the return better for PLD vs what Vancouver got for Horvat due to PLD being a few years younger than Bo? 

I think PLD also brings a physical element to the game that Horvat doesn't. And yea probably younger as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

oel gone ... good, have to have faith in this regime at this point. they have shown well thus far with their acquisitions. we'll see what happens next. fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

Better than Draisaitl-McDavid-Whoever?  Not even close. I despise Edm, but these 2 guys are a problem. 

Well not McDavid and Draisaitl but I'm sure 3C Danault will be significantly better than what the Oilers have/will have

Oh man, this is a bad trade for L.A.

lopsided W for the Jets :shock:

Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari plus a 2nd?! a solid top 6 option in Vilardi, a solid top 9 addition in Iafallo and an up and coming Kupari as a potential 3c down the road.

the 3 players alone will contribute more on the scoreboard then if PLD scores 100pts with the kings, 2nd is a nice bonus

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, granpappy said:

oel gone ... good, have to have faith in this regime at this point. they have shown well thus far with their acquisitions. we'll see what happens next. fingers crossed

We will see. I remember last year I thought LA Kings will take a huge step but people here we're still saying LA Kings will take a step down and the Canucks taking their spot. And we know how that turned out.

I wouldn't bet against LA Kings, they retooled the right way 

11 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

Draisaitl-McDavid-RNH

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well not McDavid and Draisaitl but I'm sure 3C Danault will be significantly better than what the Oilers have/will have

RNH is pretty damn good.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I think the Jets won this trade. Vilardi alone might be better than PLD this coming year.

I like the deal for the Jets and if those guys hit for them and become better than PLD does with LA that should make ALL Canucks fans happy considering LA is in our division!