The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

Our Pk should improve. And our pp should improve with Hronek on unit 2

our backend isn’t perfect but it’s looking a lot more functional / balanced now in regards to roles and players bringing different skill sets and dynamics 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Blueger was signed to be 3C. 

I get the impression they're going to ride out Myers and slot Juulsen in beside Hughes, as they looked decent together last year and don't want to spend too much money. 

This is most likely all we're doing imo, unless Allvin can put a trade together.

We will probably bring Bear back too at some point 

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

D looks better but 1.9M for 4th line C and $3M for 3rd pairing D is hard pill to swallow.  
At least all three should help the PK. 

How much cap left, still need 3rd line C.

Still need to move at least one midget off the wings. 

Not that hard to swallow. Look around the league the deals are all overpayments, they are 1 year deals. We'll be fine. 

• Vintage 2

Not as sold on Soucy at 3x 3.25 as others here.... If this contract is so great I'm very surprised Seattle wouldn't have offered it seeing as they have much more cap.

He has played 3rd pairing minutes his whole career and we are effectively gambling he can be more than that.

Hopefully they are right.

The Cole and Bleuger deals are great.  Love the one year commitment.  

And Soucy 3 years isn’t too bad.  The market got him a little extra $ seems like it.

D is certainly bigger and badder than it’s been in YEARS.

• Like 1

Just now, AngryElf said:

Does Soucy or Cole play on their offside with Hughes? Or do we have something up our sleeve for a RD? 

I believe they both can play off hand - Cole even more so.  He’ll probably be the one lining up with Hughes at this point.

1 minute ago, AngryElf said:

Does Soucy or Cole play on their offside with Hughes? Or do we have something up our sleeve for a RD? 

Now that Soucy is signed, see if the Myers rumours are true. Though they got a better right D from our team already. 

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

These seem like upgrades that will improve our team defence and PK

Blueger > Dries

Cole > OEL

Soucy > Myers

Def will be better in the roles they are deployed in.

qhat I’m curious is if Soucy or Cole plus more with Hronek 

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Burroughs was too lightweight for being a fighter. He was not a sollution for the team.

It’s better to do these kind of decision asap.

Which is why I said fighting was a bonus.  And he handled himself just fine physically, with his weight.  Maybe the fact that he fought actually worked against him in that he was never appreciated for his great defensive play. He was trusted as Hughes partner at the end of Bruce's term.  Great hockey sense, reliable and solid. 

As I'm writing we sign Soucy for a similar deal that Burroughs got.  Near the same age.  But IMO Burroughs is a better player. And already on the team and beginning to be familiar with Tocchet's system.

Just now, R3aL said:

Def will be better in the roles they are deployed in.

qhat I’m curious is if Soucy or Cole plus more with Hronek 

Same. Soucy could partner with Hughes potentially, or Cole could be a steady partner for Myers? Unless that Myers trade happens?