The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks poking on Pesce

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I don't see a 3rd line winger fetching a 3rd line center. Personally. Myers is a 3rd pair d-man. Not sure he fetches a 3rd line center either. But I guess maybe someone with enough center depth and a need to contend now might throw a prospect with 3C potential at us for Beauvillier. But we'd be pretty much picking up another Studnicka. A 3C long shot prospect that is closer to waiver bait than being a legit 3C.

Good thing Beauvillier is a second line winger then. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Good thing Beauvillier is a second line winger then. 

In the same way Pearson was. I don't think many of us would say Pearson was a legit 2nd liner. It's kind of why we paid him 3mil on his contract. But he and Horvat had chemistry, so he worked as a 2nd line LW. If Beauvillier was truly a 2nd liner like you say, teams would have no problem taking that 4mil contract. But they didn't. Cause he isn't.

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I mean if you collect enough "Studnickas", hopefully one of them turns in to something. But that player is not likely going to replace an aging, declining Miller in 3-4+ years. Raty might (or at least be a decent 2nd/3rd line "tandem" with a declining Miller).

Just gotta keep hoarding other team's castoffs. Surely one of them will pan out. We are the dumpster divers of the NHL.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

In the same way Pearson was. I don't think many of us would say Pearson was a legit 2nd liner. It's kind of why we paid him 3mil on his contract. But he and Horvat had chemistry, so he worked as a 2nd line LW. If Beauvillier was truly a 2nd liner like you say, teams would have no problem taking that 4mil contract. But they didn't. Cause he isn't.

Just gotta keep hoarding other team's castoffs. Surely one of them will pan out. We are the dumpster divers of the NHL.

Im pretty sure this fairytale about no teams wanting beau is made up. 

He played in the most defensive system in the league. He came here and showed natural talent and put up points right away.  Hes a 2nd liner on this team and he works well with Petey so thats a plus. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

He played in the most defensive system in the league. He came here and showed natural talent and put up points right away.  Hes a 2nd liner on this team and he works well with Petey so thats a plus. 

Everyone looks good with Petey. Many consider him a top 10 center. That's not the compliment you think it is. And given our struggles with the cap, if Beauvillier was as movable as y'all say, why is he still here? Lol 

On 9/15/2023 at 9:19 PM, EddieVedder said:

anson carter put up 33 goals as soon as he came to vancouver playing with the sedins.. does that make him a legit 1st/2nd liner? coz he was out of the league 1 year later

• Wat 1