Silvos 

you forgot MILKy but I like what you have done here

Milky Petey Kuz

Beauvellier Miller Boeser

Garland Blueger Podz

Joshua Aman PDG

Hogz

Pearson

that is an NHL lineup thankfully, not as good as VGK but could compete with EDM AND LA

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

you forgot MILKy but I like what you have done here

Milky Petey Kuz

Beauvellier Miller Boeser

Garland Blueger Podz

Joshua Aman PDG

Hogz

Pearson

that is an NHL lineup thankfully, not as good as VGK but could compete with EDM AND LA

Our 3C spot leaves a lot to be desired BUT Bleuger’s PK acumen also fills a huge void.

As it stands, we’ll be banking on Garland and some other wingers to drive O in the bottom 6.

Also, hoping Aman or Joshua can step up and provide scoring at C.  

Overall, it’s a playoff level roster for sure assuming they can figure out the PK.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Overall, it’s a playoff level roster for sure assuming they can figure out the PK.

Didnt we have the top PK if you consider the split after Tocchet took over?

I know many of us had high hopes going into last year with the BB momentum we thought we had, but I would think the odds of us maintaining a respectable PK l, especially after shoring up the D a bit like we have, are quite good.

Sure hope so, since between Myers, Cole, and Soucy it looks like we'll need a good PK ;) 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Kragar said:

I know many of us had high hopes going into last year with the BB momentum we thought we had, but I would think the odds of us maintaining a respectable PK l, especially after shoring up the D a bit like we have, are quite good.

Sure hope so, since between Myers, Cole, and Soucy it looks like we'll need a good PK ;) 

I’m honestly good with the extra penalties 

Soucy is a huge bully, we were missing that from the lineup 

When forwards see him lining them up, they’ll cut wide instead of the middle 

and he won’t tolerate any funny business in front of demko. Wave your stick at Demko? Gonna get cross checked by soucy all the way to Neptune 

• Like 2
  • There it is 1

I know it won’t be popular but I got a feeling we’re gonna sign Dumba to a 1 year cheap deal in the hopes he can cash in next offseason.

Say what you want about him he’s a legit top 4. And we need another one.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I’m honestly good with the extra penalties 

Soucy is a huge bully, we were missing that from the lineup 

When forwards see him lining them up, they’ll cut wide instead of the middle 

and he won’t tolerate any funny business in front of demko. Wave your stick at Demko? Gonna get cross checked by soucy all the way to Neptune 

Yep, I'm not complaining over either pickup.  We definitely needed a bigger, meaner D.  What we got may not be ideal, but better is better.

Fingers crossed the momentum we have with Tocchet is real.

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I know it won’t be popular but I got a feeling we’re gonna sign Dumba to a 1 year cheap deal in the hopes he can cash in next offseason.

I am also starting to feel like this is going to happen. I feel like we are trying to get rid of Myers and will sign Dumba for 1 or 2 years on the cheap(3-4m/yr)

11 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Absolutely!  I’m optimistic.

And yes.. with those 3 we’ll be getting a lot of practice if nothing else. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How will he cash in after one year here? 

I doubt he’d get enough PP time to pad his stats. 

If he wants to sign a one year deal at 1 million max, I would be okay with that.

I just wouldn’t expect any offence from him.

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

I am also starting to feel like this is going to happen. I feel like we are trying to get rid of Myers and will sign Dumba for 1 or 2 years on the cheap(3-4m/yr)

I'd sure like to see Myers playing playoff hockey for us, though. Felt the same way with Guddy back when we had him.  Big D, willing to play tough, and with the whistles stashed a bit, can be quite valuable then.

But, that means putting up with the warts during the regular season.

Wasn't Myers decent (or even better than decent) back in the bubble?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I'd sure like to see Myers playing playoff hockey for us, though. Felt the same way with Guddy back when we had him.  Big D, willing to play tough, and with the whistles stashed a bit, can be quite valuable then.

But, that means putting up with the warts during the regular season.

Wasn't Myers decent (or even better than decent) back in the bubble?

I don't hate Myers at all, and think he's actually a good d-man. He's just overpaid for what he is, and when he's relied on too heavily the gaffs start showing up and he starts trying to do too much. If Myers was paid 4m, I don't think the team would be trying to replace him.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

If he wants to sign a one year deal at 1 million max, I would be okay with that.

Same way Schenn cashed in after playing with Hughes.

Hughes Dumba

Cole Hronek

Soucy Juulsen

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Call me crazy, but I think I might actually prefer the look of our team with Myers over Dumba.. but to make this case, he probably looks at Schenn - usually an offensive black hole - putting up 22 points in 50 games caddying for Hughes last year.

In a vacuum I’d be okay with signing Dumba to a show-me but I’m not sure it’s worth the squeeze to offload Myers and seriously downgrade the muscle on our back end.  If it was to replace a winger’s salary I’d be down.

Hughes-Dumba

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

With Cole-Hronek playing shutdown?  That could be really nice.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Same way Schenn cashed in after playing with Hughes.

Hughes Dumba

Cole Hronek

Soucy Juulsen

I’m not so sure he would be paired up with Hughes or even Hronek, but if he was, okay. I could see that. He does have more offensive prowess than Luke Schenn.

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t oppose to this, worst case scenario he is deadline fodder. 

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Call me crazy, but I think I might actually prefer the look of our team with Myers over Dumba.. but to make this case, he probably looks at Schenn - usually an offensive black hole - putting up 22 points in 50 games caddying for Hughes last year.

In a vacuum I’d be okay with signing Dumba to a show-me but I’m not sure it’s worth the squeeze to offload Myers and seriously downgrade the muscle on our back end.  If it was to replace a winger’s salary I’d be down.

Hughes-Dumba

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Bingo.

And yea we wouldn’t necessarily need to dump Myers depending on the contract.

I just see people pencilling in Juulsen and Bear and cringe. Dumba on a cheap deal is far superior. We need to stop putting Hughes with partners he needs to carry.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

7 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Hughes-Dumba

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Too often Myers shies away from playing physical because he’s prone to being called for penalties simply because of his huge body. To a degree, I understand why, but I still don’t like it.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d be fine with a 1 year show me deal. Plus could be a solid deadline chip to play. Grab an extra pick or 2 if someone at the farm has earned the promotion. 

• Cheers 3