The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Carolina looking to make major moves

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess we will see. It will be interesting to see how he makes out in Florida. I still don't think it was a mistake. I understand the why we signed Mik. But he really didn't help the PK, and that was $4.75 million that didn't need to be spent.

Was that when he was playing through injury or on IR for most of the season?

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Like I said, no fit here with Hughes and Hronek in front of him. But a team needing an offensive PP2 guy, that they can shelter a bit, with an appropriate partner... Absolutely I think he can play that role.

He’s 24 with very limited NHL reps.

Dominated the A.

Great speed, mobility, creative, but buried under already established talent who already serve the same purpose.

All he needs is timing and reps. 
If Tyson Barrie has continued to carve out a career, Boner should be able to as well.

he won’t be a player on Team Heffy, but that’s already a limited roster to begin with! 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Was that when he was playing through injury or on IR for most of the season?

When he was playing. Good thing he gets a fresh start this season. I'll be happy to be proven wrong. He certainly was one of the better forwards when he was with the Leafs.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure the players are at least partly responsible. But once again, we will see what happens this year.

Especially with that dynamic duo OEL and Myers in the back end.

The new additions will improve the PK dramatically (including RT’s emphasis on playing the right way)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

He’s 24 with very limited NHL reps.

Dominated the A.

Great speed, mobility, creative, but buried under already established talent who already serve the same purpose.

All he needs is timing and reps. 
If Tyson Barrie has continued to carve out a career, Boner should be able to as well.

he won’t be a player on Team Heffy, but that’s already a limited roster to begin with! 

I'm a fan, but he definitely did not dominate the A.  He was #3-4 on their depth chart with Wolanin, Jules and Woo above him

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure the players are at least partly responsible. But once again, we will see what happens this year.

They brought in a new coach, with an actual system and same players.  Surprise, surprise, they got much better.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Batman and Robin? :lol:

To say I yelled at the TV every time they were on the ice is an understatement.

We just have one more saboteur left in Myers and if we can get rid of him then  we will 100% make the playoffs.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

They brought in a new coach, with an actual system and same players.  Surprise, surprise, they got much better.

They brought in a new coach named BB and surprise, surprise the team played better-until they didn't.

now they brought in another new coach, and the team played better-but for how long?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gurn said:

They brought in a new coach named BB and surprise, surprise the team played better-until they didn't.

now they brought in another new coach, and the team played better-but for how long?

Anyone who watched that season could see the same issues that were there last season, they just had an out of this world goalie to cover the warts.  Many of of us were saying exactly that at the time.

BB was one of the worst coaching disasters Van has every had.

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Hang on there. 

BB’s coaching bump was mainly Dem playing like Martin Brodeur and JT playing like Mario Lemieux. 

The defence was absolute sh!t and the team was not playing the right way with “structure”.

RT’s coach bump is completely different. Far more sustainable.

Let’s just hope they haven’t forgotten.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, stawns said:

Anyone who watched that season could see the same issues that were there last season, they just had an out of this world goalie to cover the warts.  Many of of us were saying exactly that at the time.

BB was one of the worst coaching disasters Van has every had.

Even more than Torts playing the Twins and Kesler to death? I dunno about that. That was pretty bad.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Even more than Torts playing the Twins and Kesler to death? I dunno about that. That was pretty bad.

That was bad, no argument here.  Equally as bad, if not worse imo.  At least Torts (who is my all time least favourite coach) had some kind of system.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm a fan, but he definitely did not dominate the A.  He was #3-4 on their depth chart with Wolanin, Jules and Woo above him

Depends on criteria. Im saying he’s dominated the A in terms of his own personal capabilities, not that he’s the MVP of the league or something.

As a very young player, I’d say his stats show he’s heavily succeeded as an offensively deployed Dman in the A. He’s had a blip recently since being demoted from the big club, but he’s proven he can run the offense from the back end. That’s dominant for a player in their 20s, imho.

Could contain: Text, Person, Face, Head 

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Well, that’s why we’re seeing wholesale changes when it comes to this club and how it’s managed. The roster performed because of bumps, but the makeup wasn’t/isn’t sufficient for longterm, continual success. Bad mix of talent.

New systems play often requires new blood. Methinks we’re on the right track now, at least in terms of developing a playoff-ready roster that won’t wilt come physical hockey. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Depends on criteria. Im saying he’s dominated the A in terms of his own personal capabilities, not that he’s the MVP of the league or something.

As a very young player, I’d say his stats show he’s heavily succeeded as an offensively deployed Dman in the A. He’s had a blip recently since being demoted from the big club, but he’s proven he can run the offense from the back end. That’s dominant for a player in their 20s, imho.

Could contain: Text, Person, Face, Head 

He had a solid year, no doubt.  I watched almost every game from Dec and he improved steadily and was an important driver of offense, for sure.  

• Cheers 1