The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Carolina looking to make major moves

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Between Burns and DeAngelo already on the roster...WTF do they need Karlsson for? And/or, are they moving Burns? I don't get it.

So they can have the same disaster as San Jose did obviously 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Rathbone looked lost in the NHL when he was up he was like awful.. if other teams think highly of rathbone they prolly would have already made a move for him as he prolly could be had for well below market because vancouver have no intent on playing or keeping him. 

sure garland can play in the NHL but he's simply not worth his contract.. his production was god awful both season and his garbage time points made his stats better than it looked. he's not a player that moves the needle and simply cost too much at 5mil for his production.. less than half of his points were against teams that were playoff bound.. and iirc he was -17 or something against those team and +12 against garbage teams i know i wouldn't want him on my team eating up 5mil just to produce against garbage teams.

He's a pretty solid two way D in Abby........his defensive game improved significantly last season.  That doesn't mean it'll translate, but he deserves to have his hard work and improvement recognized

• Cheers 3

Looks like Eklund’s source is CDC again:

:bigblush:

Rumor: Pesce, Jarvis #1, #2 for Erik Karlsson… 

Carolina really wants to get this done and San Jose really can’t do better…The Hawks would take on some of the Cap hit…  
Source: Eklund

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

He's a pretty solid two way D in Abby........his defensive game improved significantly last season.  That doesn't mean it'll translate, but he deserves to have his hard work and improvement recognized

i don't disagree he works hard and he definitely did improve.. but at this point i don't think he has what it takes to translate into the NHL.. or at least he won't be getting that opportunity. as a smaller offensive defenceman with questionable defence i think these type of defenceman needs to be in a top 4 role to have any sort of success in the NHL and i personally dont think he'll get the opportunity here or anywhere to be frank.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't disagree he works hard and he definitely did improve.. but at this point i don't think he has what it takes to translate into the NHL.. or at least he won't be getting that opportunity. as a smaller offensive defenceman with questionable defence i think these type of defenceman needs to be in a top 4 role to have any sort of success in the NHL and i personally dont think he'll get the opportunity here or anywhere to be frank.

I agree he might not get an opportunity in Vancouver, but I do think he's got what it takes to be an NHL dman 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree he might not get an opportunity in Vancouver, but I do think he's got what it takes to be an NHL dman 

Like I said, no fit here with Hughes and Hronek in front of him. But a team needing an offensive PP2 guy, that they can shelter a bit, with an appropriate partner... Absolutely I think he can play that role.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Like I said, no fit here with Hughes and Hronek in front of him. But a team needing an offensive PP2 guy, that they can shelter a bit, with an appropriate partner... Absolutely I think he can play that role.

what I hope they don't do is use him to get rid of an unwanted contract.  I'm fine with adding him as a sweetener to a deal, if it's for a good roster player coming back, but not as payment for a team to take a player they want to get rid of.

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

what I hope they don't do is use him to get rid of an unwanted contract.  I'm fine with adding him as a sweetener to a deal, if it's for a good roster player coming back, but not as payment for a team to take a player they want to get rid of.

It's better than allowing management to further destroy the future with buyouts.  If including a guy who is unlikely to be of any use helps get some cap space, it's a good option.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's better than allowing management to further destroy the future with buyouts.  If including a guy who is unlikely to be of any use helps get some cap space, it's a good option.

They shouldn't be doing either, imo, not "one or the other".

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They shouldn't be doing either, imo, not "one or the other".

True, but it's been proven that management is completely willing to cause long-term damage to the franchise with the OEL buyout.  Minimizing the harm these idiots do until they're replaced with respectable people is probably the best that can be hoped for.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

True, but it's been proven that management is completely willing to cause long-term damage to the franchise with the OEL buyout.  Minimizing the harm these idiots do until they're replaced with respectable people is probably the best that can be hoped for.

The OEL buyout was a huge mistake, I agree.  I think this group makes pretty good small decisions, but really fumbles the big ones

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The OEL buyout was a huge mistake, I agree.  I think this group makes pretty good small decisions, but really fumbles the big ones

Why was it a mistake?

Would we have any of the new players if we didn't?

And we'd have a $7+ million boat anchor, that may or may not be good enough as a defenceman.

I think Benning painted the team into a corner, and there wasn't much options.

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why was it a mistake?

Would we have any of the new players if we didn't?

And we'd have a $7+ million boat anchor, that may or may not be good enough as a defenceman.

I think Benning painted the team into a corner, and there wasn't much options.

No, COVID and the resulting flat cap painted them into a corner.  None of those players are the player that OEL is and they'll still have to find someone to play those mins.  The dcorps was better with OEL than without him.  

And it's not going to look so great when they're shelling out over $5m in cap for two years, when they have to open the vault for Petey.  They should have just sat right this year and see what happens.......for all we know, OEL thrives under an actual defensive system and is tradeable

Just now, stawns said:

No, COVID and the resulting flat cap painted them into a corner.  None of those players are the player that OEL is and they'll still have to find someone to play those mins.  The dcorps was better with OEL than without him.  

And it's not going to look so great when they're shelling out over $5m in cap for two years, when they have to open the vault for Petey.  They should have just sat right this year and see what happens.......for all we know, OEL thrives under an actual defensive system and is tradeable

Guess we will see. It will be interesting to see how he makes out in Florida. I still don't think it was a mistake. I understand the why we signed Mik. But he really didn't help the PK, and that was $4.75 million that didn't need to be spent.

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess we will see. It will be interesting to see how he makes out in Florida. I still don't think it was a mistake. I understand the why we signed Mik. But he really didn't help the PK, and that was $4.75 million that didn't need to be spent.

I think last year's team was a playoff team with a terrible coach