The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

16 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

FYI I'm not actually HV. I'm just a div D beer leaguer...

:lol: I was thinking a bored 15 year old. That makes sense too tho :P

If you lace them up tho, much respect! lol. enjoy the beer league'in lol. Can get your NHL fix here in our fantasy realm!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I played drop in hockey in Geelong.

I live on the other side of Melbourne and it used to be a 2 hour drive one way to get there.

A bunch of my friends from Canada lived in Torquay, home of bells beech.

The rink shut down.

One of my very close friends is goalie for the Melbourne Nite Owls, a 35 + team.

He is from Kelowna, married an Aussie girl.

He was one of the original Snowboarders. 

One of our other friends, Sean Johnson made the Whiskey Snowboard Movies, famous for Boozy the Clown.

They were years before the Jack Ass movies.

Apart from the snowboarding they did some crazy Sh!t.

I will never forget watching Sean Kearns I think, backflip off the bus station roof in Vancouver and break both his ankles.

https://www.espn.com/action/snowboarding/blog/_/post/7563732/10-years-swinging

One of my friends/ those guys, Neil Edgeworth died in an avalanche in France.

They now hold the Neil Edgeworth memorial banked slalom every year at Big White. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Looking forward to this Draft getting underway. :ph34r: Surprised by a couple of picks so far, but not really. I've been back and forth on how I might begin, but who knows at #14.

A lot of good young stars in the league, but I wonder where the old dudes (Crosby and Ovechkin) will eventually go.

Will BOS take a bit of a nose-dive without Bergeron? They lost some guys (as well as Krejci, Bertuzzi) Who are their Top 3 Cs next season? Zacha, Coyle and Geekie?  Not great. Good thing they have D and goaltending. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Well the name is a good call back, hahaha...

I played even lower than that. My best time, and worst game ever: playing for "team canada" (a bunch of army guys on a day off during a UN tour in Syria/Israel) against a bunch of even drunker Finnish Battalion guys in a Rink in Northern Israel. The locals were  flocking into the stands as we were all in national jerseys, but knock offs from Syria, lol. So it looked like Team Canada vs Team Finland. Thing is I was drunk when it started and they converted me into a Tendie from defense. I let in 10 in the first period, on pace for a 30 GAA. The Sgt Major was also our team captain and as i waddled into the dressing room for the first intermission he tossed me a light beer and says "As of this minute you are on a diet, fuggy, now get those pads off and your back on Defense. The only other interesting thing i remember is hip checking a decent Finn player along the boards and somehow the shockwave of the hit broke his collarbone. o.O

Anywho, looking forward to talking trade and aiming for Playoffs...hope to see you there. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 2

Florida could not be any happier to take Russian super-goalie, Igor Shesterkin. There was debate about whether Andrei Vasilevskiy might be the pick here, but Shesterkin is younger, is on a fantastic contract (at least in the short-term), and is the favourite to score the next goalie goal in the NHL. Vasilevskiy's workload over the last few years was also cause for concern. There were great players still available like Rantanen, Pastrnak and Kaprizov, but finding a goalie of Shesterkin's calibre is nearly impossible to find.

And no, he won't be wearing the C for our club. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I played drop in hockey in Geelong.

I live on the other side of Melbourne and it used to be a 2 hour drive one way to get there.

A bunch of my friends from Canada lived in Torquay, home of bells beech.

The rink shut down.

One of my very close friends is goalie for the Melbourne Nite Owls, a 35 + team.

He is from Kelowna, married an Aussie girl.

He was one of the original Snowboarders. 

One of our other friends, Sean Johnson made the Whiskey Snowboard Movies, famous for Boozy the Clown.

They were years before the Jack Ass movies.

Apart from the snowboarding they did some crazy Sh!t.

I will never forget watching Sean Kearns I think, backflip off the bus station roof in Vancouver and break both his ankles.

https://www.espn.com/action/snowboarding/blog/_/post/7563732/10-years-swinging

One of my friends/ those guys, Neil Edgeworth died in an avalanche in France.

They now hold the Neil Edgeworth memorial banked slalom every year at Big White. 

My cousin married into the Chalmers Family in Vancouver, i wonder if it is the same who is credited in the video, lol.

• Like 1

We have got the votes needed to make the change to the draft time limits! 16 on discord/4 on here.

New Draft Time Limits (takes effect Aug 7th 8am pst)

10 hour limit

Can make up pick at any time.

If your pick is skipped and you haven't made the selection before your next pick is up, your time will be cut in half. If 2 picks are skipped they will have to be made up before your next selection is up or you could face possible termination.

Edited by Gator