The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Winter Classic: Seattle Kraken and Vegas logos revealed

Rate this topic

https://sinbin.vegas/first-look-golden-knights-winter-classic-new-logo-and-font/

In exactly five months to the day, the Golden Knights will take the ice outdoors at T-Mobile Park in Seattle for the 2024 Winter Classic.

The Stanley Cup Champions will don brand new creme-colored jerseys featuring a new logo. Their opponents, the Seattle Kraken, are expected to wear dark-colored sweaters with a logo riffing off the 1917 Stanley Cup-winning Metropolitans logo.

Thanks to some excellent sleuthing from a source who shall remain unnamed, we have our first look at some of the features from the upcoming Winter Classic jerseys and logos. 

VGK-WInter-Classic-Hat.pngKraken-Winter-Classic-Hat.png

Not only do we see a new “V” logo, but there also appears to be a new font as well. The picture isn’t perfect but it appears to be modeled after the famous Flamingo Hotel font.

please-help-identify-the-fabulous-flamin

It could be a while until we get the official unveil of the jerseys as last year they weren’t shown off until mid-November for the January 1st game. So, for now, just keep zooming further and further in on these blurry photos and let your imagination run wild.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

https://sinbin.vegas/first-look-golden-knights-winter-classic-new-logo-and-font/

In exactly five months to the day, the Golden Knights will take the ice outdoors at T-Mobile Park in Seattle for the 2024 Winter Classic.

The Stanley Cup Champions will don brand new creme-colored jerseys featuring a new logo. Their opponents, the Seattle Kraken, are expected to wear dark-colored sweaters with a logo riffing off the 1917 Stanley Cup-winning Metropolitans logo.

Thanks to some excellent sleuthing from a source who shall remain unnamed, we have our first look at some of the features from the upcoming Winter Classic jerseys and logos. 

VGK-WInter-Classic-Hat.pngKraken-Winter-Classic-Hat.png

Not only do we see a new “V” logo, but there also appears to be a new font as well. The picture isn’t perfect but it appears to be modeled after the famous Flamingo Hotel font.

please-help-identify-the-fabulous-flamin

It could be a while until we get the official unveil of the jerseys as last year they weren’t shown off until mid-November for the January 1st game. So, for now, just keep zooming further and further in on these blurry photos and let your imagination run wild.

Liking what I see from the Kraken so far looking like a Will Borgen Winter Classic Jersey will be in my future 

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Please tell me that Seattle bringing back the Metropolitans logo is the first step towards a Seattle vs Vancouver Heritage Classic of Metropolitans vs Millionaires sweaters. 

Can't wait for a Canucks - Kraken Winter Classic! 

It would make more sense than a Kraken - Knights one. Vancouver and Seattle are closer in distance than Seattle to Vegas.  

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, brilac said:

Can't wait for a Canucks - Kraken Winter Classic! 

It would make more sense than a Kraken - Knights one. Vancouver and Seattle are closer in distance than Seattle to Vegas.  

I could see another WC in Seattle again using the Huskies Stadium or the Lumen Field. I’m not sure about Vancouver due to lack of outdoor professional venues except for the BC Place. The last time Vancouver hosted an outdoor event was back in 2014 and it was in a semi-indoor building at the BC Place. I believe the roof was closed too. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

I could see another WC in Seattle again using the Huskies Stadium or the Lumen Field. I’m not sure about Vancouver due to lack of outdoor professional venues except for the BC Place. The last time Vancouver hosted an outdoor event was back in 2014 and it was in a semi-indoor building at the BC Place. I believe the roof was closed too. 

Yeah, but it would be so neat for a Canucks - Kraken Winter Classic! I think Vancouver has the experience - BC Place for the Heritage Classic. There was some drama going on there during that game off the ice! 

The Canucks have more experience playing an outdoor game than the Kraken. This will be the Kraken's first semi-outdoor game. 

People get excited when the Canucks are in town! I saw this sign at a game of these used to be Canucks fans who travelled from Vancouver for the game. I thought it was a funny sign! 

I'm more of a Canucks fan than a Kraken fan, and Montréal will always be dear to my heart. The Kraken did so great during the Playoffs! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

Yeah it was raining that day so the roof stayed closed.