The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks re-sign Troy Terry

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser is still overpaid for what he has done the last 2 years, but hopefully he gets back to where he used to be this season.  The guy who is severely underpaid is Kuzmenko.  I'll take Kuzy over Terry any day of the week.  Looking for Kuzy to hit 50 goals this year.  If he does, his next contract is going to be insane, like $10 million+...

lol i'm hoping for a very small dip in production maybe like 70 points 35 goals from kuz.. then we can extend him for something like this lol 7x7 and then he can pop off :D

36 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i'm hoping for a very small dip in production maybe like 70 points 35 goals from kuz.. then we can extend him for something like this lol 7x7 and then he can pop off :D

For Kuzmenko to maintain 35+ goals, he'd also have to maintain a 27% shooting percentage. For reference, Pettersson who also had 39 goals last season had a 15% shooting percentage. Kuzmenko imo has the most potential for an extreme goal drop off. All of the top scorers hover around 18% shooting percentage. Kuzy I can see being a 20-25 goal guy. Instead of 35-40. Unless he vastly increases his shot totals or somehow maintains EA levels of shooting accuracy.

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You grossly underrate Zegras. And any non Canuck for that matter.

It's obvious he's very talented offensively, but I'm glad Anaheim chose him and we ended up picking Podkolzin. 

Sure, it's pretty apparent that he'll outscore Podz, but if VP finds his confidence, we have the player who can contribute to go deep in the playoffs. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser is still overpaid for what he has done the last 2 years, but hopefully he gets back to where he used to be this season.  The guy who is severely underpaid is Kuzmenko.  I'll take Kuzy over Terry any day of the week.  Looking for Kuzy to hit 50 goals this year.  If he does, his next contract is going to be insane, like $10 million+...

50 is a bit high I think 

As for Terry I would take 7 years and 7 mil over Kuzmenko's contract. You get term for a Top 6 forward that still has a lot of upside

If Kuzmenko does take another step. It also comes with a hefty extension once his contact is up 

3 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

It's obvious he's very talented offensively, but I'm glad Anaheim chose him and we ended up picking Podkolzin. 

Sure, it's pretty apparent that he'll outscore Podz, but if VP finds his confidence, we have the player who can contribute to go deep in the playoffs. 

So you prefer a player that was sent down to the AHL to one already scoring 60pts in the league? 

Also how sure are we Zegras won't also contribute big in the playoffs? 

Just now, iinatcc said:

So you prefer a player that was sent down to the AHL to one already scoring 60pts in the league? 

We'll find out down the road, but the guy is also a sniveling little punk. So, there's that too. 

I prefer a guy with size, who plays with an edge. Podz is still only 22. 

35 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Zegras played most of his rookie year in the AHL while Podkolzin played his entire rookie year in the NHL scoring 14 goals.  He regressed last year because of all the chaos in Vancouver.  He is also a power forward which take longer to develop.  Tage Thompson wasn't even in the NHL at age 22.  Podkolzin may never put up the points that Zegras does, but he could be a valuable 20-25 goal scorer who will play the game we need in the playoffs.  Zegras is as soft as a pillow, so I wouldn't be relying on him to take Anaheim to the promised land.  Luckily they got Leo Carlsson who is going to be a stud and the face of that franchise...

Zegras is soft and a prima donna. Extremely talented, but not the guy I'd try and build a winner around.  

Troy Terry is an excellent player though and 7 x 7 looks like a great deal to me. 

Years 25 through 32 get captured here. Absolutely perfect for Anaheim. No clue why Terry didn't insist on 2-3 or 8 years instead.