The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 24 Thread

250Integra

Same as other years, seems like a lot of "new" additions that won't really be much. Bench hitting and glass breaking have been reintroduced and taken away from the game for years. Physics engine is always the same despite new changes, and it seems like the goalie desperado saves is going to be exploited. Hope I'm wrong :ph34r:

"New one touch passing"... not even new. All you had to do in past games is hit 'RT' and the direction of the second pass before the puck got to the first recipient.

Me: "Hey EA, could you fix the goalies and make them harder to play against?" 

EA: "Lets make the goalies tired so they get out of position even more!"

How about fixing the game breaking aspects for once, eh? 'Be a pro' simming between shifts needs a fix. Not a chance in hell they can score twice in 2 seconds. 'Change on the fly', yet somehow my player starts in the o-zone? Play solid defense the whole game without allowing a goal, but PK line score still drops? And bring back the f***ing CHL seasons!

How about an updated coaching carousel in franchise mode? There's always NHL head coaches available in real life, yet none at the start of the mode.

Broken glass on hits? How often have we seen that in the last 2 decades? I can't remember any.

Even more 'ice tilt'... great.:picard:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Same as other years, seems like a lot of "new" additions that won't really be much. Bench hitting and glass breaking have been reintroduced and taken away from the game for years. Physics engine is always the same despite new changes, and it seems like the goalie desperado saves is going to be exploited. Hope I'm wrong :ph34r:

So Makar gets an even worse injury this season. The guy needs to Lear to pass the puck quicker or he’s going to have a very short career. Maybe this game cover will help? 

I always wait for the Black Friday Sale when it’s 50% off or more on the Xbox store(I’m all digital now) I paid $10 CAD for NBA 2K23 back in June as it had a major sale(PS5 and XBox Series X and S Sports games are $89.99 regular price with tax around $100…too much) I’m good.

Is it on PC this time? I think I know the answer. Back to playing Franchise Hockey Manager...

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

EA is never going to clean up their act.  2k needs to get back into the market if there's to be any hope of a properly functioning hockey game.  

Full agreement here.

1 hour ago, Bounce000 said:

Have the people who keep complaining about EA NHL games figured out to you know… stop buying EA NHL games every year?

I've been waiting until it comes out on gamepass, or if there's a huge discount, the last few years. I used to get it day 1/pre-order when there were actual game improvements, not just a glorified roster update with some frills and gimmicks attached. As someone who's been loyal to this series since '94, I think I've earned the right to complain.

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Have the people who keep complaining about EA NHL games figured out to you know… stop buying EA NHL games every year?

If there was any competition, like any, it would be easier. Having said that, my last version was 2015, and before that 2004...

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

EA is never going to clean up their act.  2k needs to get back into the market if there's to be any hope of a properly functioning hockey game.  

2K briefly even had a NHL game for the iPad.

It was great in the game. But the trading and off ice parts were non-existent.

It ran perfectly fine on an Ipad. Even EA had FIFA on the iphone for a while which was awesome.

My last NHL version was 2013, before my Playstation pretty much packed it in.

Haven't touched a console since then.

I used to buy these games, now with how expensive a console is on top of the games its hard to justify the expense. Will NHL 24 be released for PS4....that would be a cheaper option to go as they must be relatively cheap to buy used compared to the PS5 price and only option being white...that will never make me  buy a console, don't like white should always have a black option as the go to console and if people want white or something else make them pay $ for a cover of their liking. But oh no, let's eff up everyone and not release a black ps5...bad move Sony, I may bend and buy a ps5 if it was black. You sure as heck ain't getting my $$$ to then be told to spend more $ to buy a black cover for console and controller!

Haven't played an EA NHL game recently, so to me the demo looks impressive but I agree simple things like glass breaking is NOT new...Too bad hockey is such a low level sport in the USA otherwise we may have other game companies willing to spend $$$ to make a competitive NHL game, instead we are kind of stuck with EA and they know it so they don't spend much it seems when it comes to developing and furthering the NHL game franchise they possess...sad!!!

30 minutes ago, Devron said:

Is it true they have a whole new team of developers for this one? If true I will give it a chance again 

I heard they have new people in charge. Not Ramjamsingh (sp?) anymore. So hopefully the new management makes the changes we all want to see.

• Upvote 1