The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Kieffer Bellows with Hurricanes

8 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Is it?  I'd rather chase for a bottom feeder where I have a chance to play and get paid.

Could be argued that way too, sure, but if a competitive team offers a shot some guys are gonna take it

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Could be argued that way too, sure, but if a competitive team offers a shot some guys are gonna take it

I agree with this. If you're a real player, you want to compete against the best. That's how you take it to the next level. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree with this. If you're a real player, you want to compete against the best. That's how you take it to the next level. 

A chance to get paid and win vs a chance to get paid and get lit up

I don't blame the guys who grab the bag, an NHL job is better than no job, but most guys prefer to win

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I remember when half this board was gaga over him. 

I also remember everyone lamenting that we passed on Ty Running with our 17th round pick 

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

A competitive team has no use for an ineffective player like Kieffer Bellows.  Maybe of he were a more defensive player who could kill penalties (like Zach Aston-Reese), he'd attract more attention.

18 hours ago, rekker said:

Another example of lastnameitis. Dad played = son drafted higher than he should have. 

Yep.  Those stupid Keith sons.   Crap.  Total crap.    Sometimes it also goes the other way, a crap or fringe Dad, makes a better kid.  I remember Chycrun's Dad having a scrap with Probert playing in PHI.  Guy was like 6'5".    Also remember Bellows with the North Stars.  Who's that Sillinger guy in CLB related too?   That guy who played a bit with us?   It does go both ways.   Those Howe kids were pretty good too.   For sure they get every single thing possible for a better chance at succeeding.    When it comes to guys like Chychrun, i'm pretty stoked. 

57 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep.  Those stupid Keith sons.   Crap.  Total crap.    Sometimes it also goes the other way, a crap or fringe Dad, makes a better kid.  I remember Chycrun's Dad having a scrap with Probert playing in PHI.  Guy was like 6'5".    Also remember Bellows with the North Stars.  Who's that Sillinger guy in CLB related too?   That guy who played a bit with us?   It does go both ways.   Those Howe kids were pretty good too.   For sure they get every single thing possible for a better chance at succeeding.    When it comes to guys like Chychrun, i'm pretty stoked. 

Going through minor hockey, juniors with kids, I see all too often what last names will get you. Bitter? Maybe, but it's a real thing for sure. Of course, there are some that pan out, but often the name gets you things not having the name can't get. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

How’d that Ken Hodge Jr. work out?