The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And as the legend goes, he never threw a hit again........:shock:

I remember that hit and the Soilers didn’t play McWhiner another shift in the tournament. Then Jake was killing guys during the regular season and took a major. And Willie Wonka called Jake out publicly for taking that major. He didn’t stand behind a rookie who was killing other teams’ players. And that was it for Jske as a power forward. One stupid comment from a pos coach. And who knows what that stupid pos coach said to Jake privately? We have a killer and our stupid coach ruins him. 

2 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

Räty has a good looking wrister and slap shot

Raty 20 - 6'2 - C - lots of talent needs to play 60 AHL games in top 6 this season..Maybe 5-7 NHL games with injuries..

Don't rush Raty's progress Only 20 .Last season was his first in North American and he got traded to Vancouver January 2023..

Should be ready to play #3 C in next 12 --16 months..

Haven’t seen him mentioned much, but I thought #13 Jacob Maillet had a really strong game. Looked to me like the best of the Canucks’ invites (Bowman also had some moments and made a mostly positive impression but I thought he was a tad inconsistent shift-to-shift and made a few mistakes). Maillet would probably make my shortlist of standouts from this game (alongside those names already mentioned by others). Even setting aside the goal he scored (which was a nice one), he was quite noticeable and made a lot of smart plays in all three zones. Brought a strong, consistent effort and energy, and he constantly was contesting pucks, anticipating well, and able to disrupt the opposition. Definitely came as advertised, recently named “best defensive forward” and “most underrated player” in the OHL coaches’ poll. Was nice to see his efforts rewarded with the goal, and also generate some chances on offence, but I was even more impressed by his checking/defensive play. If Maillet can maintain this level of two-way performance throughout the tournament, have to think he’ll be kept around on for a longer look at camp and maybe an AHL contract with the Abby Canucks could be in his future.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Who all is in Penticton right now this weekend for the games?

With the forum closing down I'd like to invite everyone to my bar tonight for a drink.

I can be found at The Hub on Martin bartending from 8 pm to 3 am.

https://www.thehubonmartin.com/

We serve food until 11 pm and live music starts at 9 pm.  Cover is $10 at the door and all proceeds go to the band.

Is it confirmed this site is folding!?!?!?

What sad news if true...hope a computer techie type of person is a big Canucks fan and they make a new site and post it as a new pinned thread on here to transition from this site to the new one

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

With the forum closing down I'd like to invite everyone to my bar tonight for a drink.

We serve food until 11 pm and live music starts at 9 pm.  Cover is $10 at the door and all proceeds go to the band.

Wish I could make an appearance! 

but next time I’m coming through penticton I’ll have to make a stop !

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:43 AM, Warhippy said:

Crown float for me please