The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

Looks like Dalyn Wakely, Colby Saganiuk, and Braeden Bowman are the only invites.

I think the other less familiar names are recent Abbotsford signings.

EDIT: oops, missed Jacob Maillet. He’s also an invite. (Literally the first name on the list and I skipped right over him. :picard:)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Very interesting that Zlodeyev will be here. Generally most Euro players will not attend them as their seasons begin overseas.

Chris Faber wrote this this past summer

Zlodeyev also stood out for me. This is what David Quadrelli (Managing Editor of Canucks Army) wrote:

"I read on Twitter just now that his KHL contract was terminated... Faber is going to look into it (he has all the prospect connections)"

I would like to Zlodeyev in Abby this year. The problem is that the Canucks are running out of contract space.  They have used 46  out of 50 contract spots. Teams have to keep at least a couple of spots open for opportunities/emergencies that might come up in the season and I could see the Canucks maybe signing one of the invitees from the young stars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JamesB said:

Zlodeyev also stood out for me. This is what David Quadrelli (Managing Editor of Canucks Army) wrote:

"I read on Twitter just now that his KHL contract was terminated... Faber is going to look into it (he has all the prospect connections)"

I would like to Zlodeyev in Abby this year. The problem is that the Canucks are running out of contract space.  They have used 46  out of 50 contract spots. Teams have to keep at least a couple of spots open for opportunities/emergencies that might come up in the season and I could see the Canucks maybe signing one of the invitees from the young stars.

Perhaps they loan him out, whether in Europe or maybe in the ECHL. Also entirely possible that he signs an standard AHL contract for the year before the Canucks decide to sign a standard ELC with him. 

Abbotsford is pretty stacked with centers, might be hard to find him development minutes with Aman, Dries, Sasson, Wouters, Raty likely ahead of him. 

• Cheers 1