The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Haven't been posting much in the last couple years because things, and stuff. 

However I think all rules should be lifted, warnings rescinded, all users unbanned (even desi)

Full anarchy til she drop dead.

Sound good @Stealth

F**k yes

Let er rip baby FULL SEND 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dear CDC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell post today. In two weeks' time, our beloved Canucks forum will be closing its doors, and it's a bittersweet moment for me as I reflect on the incredible 13-year journey we've shared here.

For over a decade, this forum has been a second home for me, a place where I've laughed, debated, celebrated, and grown alongside an amazing group of passionate Vancouver Canucks fans. I've seen players come and go, witnessed the highs and lows of our team, and shared countless unforgettable moments with all of you.

For the last 7 years, I've had the distinct honour and privilege of serving as a moderator here. This role allowed me to give back to a community that has given me so much. It's been an incredible journey, and I want to take a moment to give a special shoutout to @-SN- for believing in me and providing me with the opportunity to become a moderator. Your support and trust have meant the world to me, and I will always be grateful for this chance to contribute to our amazing community.

I also want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the entire moderating team. Together, we've worked tirelessly to maintain the integrity of this forum, foster engaging discussions, and create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Your dedication, professionalism, and camaraderie have been the driving force behind our success. Thank you for being fantastic teammates, and I will cherish the memories we've created together.

As we bid farewell to the Canucks forum, I want to acknowledge @-SN- for his thoughtful gesture of setting up a new forum for us. It's a generous offer, and while I'm uncertain about my future participation, I encourage all of you to explore this new platform and continue the traditions and connections we've built over the years. Change can be intimidating, but it can also lead to new and exciting opportunities.

In the meantime, I hope our paths will cross again in the world of Canucks fandom. Whether it's on the new forum or in other online communities, I look forward to sharing our passion for the team and staying connected with all of you.

Thank you, CDC, for 13 unforgettable years filled with laughter, camaraderie, and the shared love for our Vancouver Canucks. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Best wishes to you all,

-Vintage Canuck-

vintagecanuckcdc@hotmail.com

Just get over to the new site already. 

We’re low on robotic life forms! 

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, canuckhound73 said:

Even though I have rarely been here in the last several years, this is a crime.

I guess it doesnt matter if I say something that gets me banned now.

f**k this teams owner.

I started losing interest in this team after the last lockout.... and every decision they have made since then has alienated me more & more to the point I just stopped caring about this team in the last 3-4 seasons.

It also killed my interest in this place when they purged the posts. No way to go back & see the 10K+ posts I had done before..... they were just gone some random day.

Francesco Aquilini is a disgrace to this franchise.

Hes Mark Messier, but scummier.... and thats a hard thing to accomplish.

To all the 2000s regulars, was great going back & forth with you all on so many topics in Canuck talk, league talk, Off topic, and of course White Noise.

Thank you to KMad for tweeting about this, or I wouldnt have known this was happening.

To any newcomers that are here, just starting a journey that is getting cut down too soon, sorry. I've been on here just about 20 years, and that included some of my favorite years on any site. I dont think there is any chat board I was on longer.  Just one more reason for me to say f**k this team, and f**k this league of overpaid assholes.

Anyways, good luck to all of you that end up migrating to other chat boards.

Now.... for me to read through this whole thread & see who I might actually remember.

I remember you

1 hour ago, Toews said:

The format of Reddit doesn't allow for quality discussions, the upvote system means that click bait content gets pushed to the top. Its a good way to get information but its terrible for any nuanced discourse. 

Agreed 

I've been on here since 2009ish, and on reddit since 2010ish... 

Reddit was good in it's inception but has gone downhill and is a horrible format/place for deeper discussion. Memes only.  

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dear CDC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell post today. In two weeks' time, our beloved Canucks forum will be closing its doors, and it's a bittersweet moment for me as I reflect on the incredible 13-year journey we've shared here.

For over a decade, this forum has been a second home for me, a place where I've laughed, debated, celebrated, and grown alongside an amazing group of passionate Vancouver Canucks fans. I've seen players come and go, witnessed the highs and lows of our team, and shared countless unforgettable moments with all of you.

For the last 7 years, I've had the distinct honour and privilege of serving as a moderator here. This role allowed me to give back to a community that has given me so much. It's been an incredible journey, and I want to take a moment to give a special shoutout to @-SN- for believing in me and providing me with the opportunity to become a moderator. Your support and trust have meant the world to me, and I will always be grateful for this chance to contribute to our amazing community.

I also want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the entire moderating team. Together, we've worked tirelessly to maintain the integrity of this forum, foster engaging discussions, and create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Your dedication, professionalism, and camaraderie have been the driving force behind our success. Thank you for being fantastic teammates, and I will cherish the memories we've created together.

As we bid farewell to the Canucks forum, I want to acknowledge @-SN- for his thoughtful gesture of setting up a new forum for us. It's a generous offer, and while I'm uncertain about my future participation, I encourage all of you to explore this new platform and continue the traditions and connections we've built over the years. Change can be intimidating, but it can also lead to new and exciting opportunities.

In the meantime, I hope our paths will cross again in the world of Canucks fandom. Whether it's on the new forum or in other online communities, I look forward to sharing our passion for the team and staying connected with all of you.

Thank you, CDC, for 13 unforgettable years filled with laughter, camaraderie, and the shared love for our Vancouver Canucks. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Best wishes to you all,

-Vintage Canuck-

vintagecanuckcdc@hotmail.com

WHO ARE YOU!!!!!!

Who Are You Butters GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, canuckhound73 said:

Even though I have rarely been here in the last several years, this is a crime.

I guess it doesnt matter if I say something that gets me banned now.

f**k this teams owner.

I started losing interest in this team after the last lockout.... and every decision they have made since then has alienated me more & more to the point I just stopped caring about this team in the last 3-4 seasons.

It also killed my interest in this place when they purged the posts. No way to go back & see the 10K+ posts I had done before..... they were just gone some random day.

Francesco Aquilini is a disgrace to this franchise.

Hes Mark Messier, but scummier.... and thats a hard thing to accomplish.

To all the 2000s regulars, was great going back & forth with you all on so many topics in Canuck talk, league talk, Off topic, and of course White Noise.

Thank you to KMad for tweeting about this, or I wouldnt have known this was happening.

To any newcomers that are here, just starting a journey that is getting cut down too soon, sorry. I've been on here just about 20 years, and that included some of my favorite years on any site. I dont think there is any chat board I was on longer.  Just one more reason for me to say f**k this team, and f**k this league of overpaid assholes.

Anyways, good luck to all of you that end up migrating to other chat boards.

Now.... for me to read through this whole thread & see who I might actually remember.

The purge was the end of posting much as well for me. I used to keep track on a word pad document during university. Was trying to hit each new 1000 posts as quickly as possible. The purge led to just browsing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

tbh... same. I think an understated role of this forum was that it actually called some of our sports media out on their BS. It added context and grounding for a lot of fans. Some media personalities get outright ridiculous; in those moments, many on CDC would add a more measured assessment.

100%