The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Holy Grail (Game Over - SK Wins!)

Rate this topic

Blue Jay 22

27 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Not much here at first glance. Assuming SD was the main counterwagon to Qwags, did anyone jump on the Qwags wagon to save SD? Was there any strategy behind LL's non-vote for SD at the last second?

You can read it playing out, but I thought Qwags- SD wagons were tied, so I voted SD. Deen told me I actually tied the wagons so I switched to NIK last second to avoid the tie even though SD has been doung nothing but dropping scummy omgus all game.

Vote SD

• Like 1

Ok no SK this game, seems instead we get a 3 player second scum faction that don't have kill power. We also have a Big which is nice.

The final bit of that round was weird as hell lots of vote switches and last minute participants. Also made me rethink my safe list.

TL seemed to genuinely be trying to participate at first imo but "something compelled me to switch" is such a weird generic thing to say.

Aladeen I was pretty sure was safe as he led the extend vote which, like Where's Wellwood said, doesn't help mafia at all. But he switched off that so it's meaningless now. Was kinda all over the place, panicky at the end.

Luckylager I'm still leaning towards town because his reasoning for switching last minute makes sense but we had just gotten a vote count, probably just late night brainfry.

Intoewsables I'm still pretty sure is town

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alchemy Time said:

Ok no SK this game, seems instead we get a 3 player second scum faction that don't have kill power. We also have a Big which is nice.

The final bit of that round was weird as hell lots of vote switches and last minute participants. Also made me rethink my safe list.

TL seemed to genuinely be trying to participate at first imo but "something compelled me to switch" is such a weird generic thing to say.

Aladeen I was pretty sure was safe as he led the extend vote which, like Where's Wellwood said, doesn't help mafia at all. But he switched off that so it's meaningless now. Was kinda all over the place, panicky at the end.

Luckylager I'm still leaning towards town because his reasoning for switching last minute makes sense but we had just gotten a vote count, probably just late night brainfry.

Intoewsables I'm still pretty sure is town

Yah Lewt was the one telling me that we needed to save extensions for later rounds (like that's always the way we have done it :wacko:) At the time it made sense but now it only makes sense from a scum POV. 

Lewt and NIK are my top to yeets this round mainly because of their extension misinformation. Also SD because he was CW to a townie but so was NIK.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, luckylager said:

You can read it playing out, but I thought Qwags- SD wagons were tied, so I voted SD. Deen told me I actually tied the wagons so I switched to NIK last second to avoid the tie even though SD has been doung nothing but dropping scummy omgus all game.

Vote SD

And this about SD too. TL's Meta post about SD saved him last round.

• Like 1
Just now, Aladeen said:

Yah Lewt was the one telling me that we needed to save extensions for later rounds (like that's always the way we have done it :wacko:) At the time it made sense but now it only makes sense from a scum POV. 

Lewt and NIK are my top to yeets this round mainly because of their extension misinformation. Also SD because he was CW to a townie but so was NIK.

Extension misinformation ? Huh

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
16 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

I don't ever recall doing a vote extend day one

We shouldn't start now 

:)

Here you go scum boi... With your recollection being worse than mine, we almost always extended round 1 when given the option to do so.

• Like 1
Just now, naslund.is.king said:

What lol

We never extend round 1....

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

I've never played a game in the 5 years we've played that r.1 was extended.

I will admit that most often after a game ends I have forgotten everything to do with that game I am like 90% sure round 1 extensions have happened at least 4-5 games I have played and at least 1-2x I have hosted. 

• Like 1
Just now, Aladeen said:

I will admit that most often after a game ends I have forgotten everything to do with that game I am like 90% sure round 1 extensions have happened at least 4-5 games I have played and at least 1-2x I have hosted. 

No it hasn't lol. Go find a game 

We have a hard enough time getting people to No vote when it makes sense

Every game someone has a bad entrance or is playing off and warrants a vote early on

It's too easy to find someone to vote for r.1 

• Like 1

I don't think its been done in the hammer majority vote that BJ has it as though, it was simply another vote option and if that had more votes than anyone else, the round was extended.

With that said it seems like NIK and Lewt were actively campaigning against a vote extension from my perspective.

Other Notes:

SD and TL could very well be sucm/scum - an SD red flip would look bad for TL IMO.

BW being 3p with 2 others makes me think that MR is also one of these 3p as well. My guess is that after 2 are killed the last one becomes the SK. This is why he was offering himself up to be killed. This may also mean that SD is one too as he was pretty much on board with either him or SD being yeeted round 1. I find his nostalgic reasoning to be flawed.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

No it hasn't lol. Go find a game 

We have a hard enough time getting people to No vote when it makes sense

Every game someone has a bad entrance or is playing off and warrants a vote early on

It's too easy to find someone to vote for r.1 

I am not going through games to find an example for you but there must be others who remember this.

@Master Radishes

@Time Lord

@Zfetch

@falcon45ca

@luckylager

Some of you must recall extending round 1 votes in other games.

• Like 1

Anyways got ridiculously busy work day today, fooking everyone is sick AF here. I will pop back in when I can, I will be active after work/nightfall. I think town needs a clear lynch pool this round. 

My suggestion:

SD

Lewt

NIK

Slankers

Vig should also consider picking from this list too, Coconuts was a good a choice even though he wasn't scum, at some point we would have wasted a lynch on him if ever ended up voting/avoiding GK. A good option my be to target any of the players up for GK if they do the bare minimum to self save.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, naslund.is.king said:

What info does he give? 

Well TL saved him from the lynch with his meta post, so maybe saving a scum buddy being voted out first round.

MR and Him may be 3p together - my theory is that there is an SK team of 3 that becomes active when 2 are killed. 

If you actually read my posts you would know all this. 

• Like 1