The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Holy Grail (Game Over - SK Wins!)

Rate this topic

Blue Jay 22

There's 16 people left and likely 5 mafia (4 left). Based on the theory and convention that ideal # of mafia is sqrt(players).

One wrong vig kill and lynch will put us in a bad, potentially unrecoverable spot. Anyone that knows me knows I often advocate the sheriff coming out r3ish and will say so bluntly. The power to clear 2-3 people and reduce the odds of us being in a hole too deep to dig out of is the favorable play IMO even if it means the loss of one key figure. 

Just now, Time Lord said:

But what if the sheriff waits another round and you watch them next round and we get 2 more investigations instead of 1

I probably get roleblocked next round and sheriff might get killed this round especially if I outed Ilunga so no that doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo

• elephant 1

It's possible there is a lackey in this game since iirc they have roleblocking ability.

If Ilunga says he is sheriff, we will know the mafia will target him this round, Ilduce next round, roleblock me next round, maybe roleblock Ilduce this round.

Us being able to strongly infer what they will do will place us in a good position to make the moves we need to make as TP core.

Now is the time to turn it on into overdrive. 

• elephant 1

That plan is all depended on fetch actually being town and not just special hunting. I think sheriff should wait before revealing. I am not 100% sold on watcher and tracker both being town roles. 

even if fetch is not mafia there is still 3p which we know nothing besides likely being 2 more of them. Sheriff is necessary to find not just mafia but figure out all the scum. 

• Haha 1

Sheriff waiting is a horrible idea if Ilunga isn't mafia since they will have narrowed him down to doc or sheriff and will be in a better position.

Your skepticism Aladeen reflects towny but I don't like the suboptimal line of thinking both you and TL are exhibiting. Whose to say if the sheriff comes out that the doc wouldn't as well and then I watch over the sheriff and reveal a ton of more information or at the very least we get one more round?

This is simpleton thinking from the two of you, though I am not surprised by Aladeen since he couldn't do the very basic task of deducing I was watcher earlier :lol:

• elephant 1

Fook right off with pushing for sheriff to come out you turd of a primate. Even if you are town your plan sucks donkey ballz coated in ghost pepper sauce. 

Everything you said about SS is true for you. If we need someone to masturbate and throw feces we can defer to your expertise fetch.  

5 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

I probably get roleblocked next round and sheriff might get killed this round especially if I outed Ilunga so no that doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo

True the roleblocking is probably a compelling enough point...

16 players, 2 confirmed TP (ilduce and Zfetch)

Let's say the sheriff comes out and gives us 3 TP, then we're at 6 confirmed TP and 10 unknowns

But we can probably clear at least 2 people by using our brains (I say lucky and AT), so 8 unknowns

Then let's say we lynch incorrectly and vig kill incorrectly for 2 straight days, the game is still going (assuming 4 mafia are left), and we'll have 4 unknowns left..

So yeah maybe we can win the game if the sheriff comes out

• Vintage 1
Just now, Aladeen said:

Fook right off with pushing for sheriff to come out you turd of a primate. Even if you are town your plan sucks donkey ballz coated in ghost pepper sauce. 

Everything you said about SS is true for you. If we need someone to masturbate and throw feces we can defer to your expertise fetch.  

I can't take you seriously based on your retardation earlier being unable to deduce what one possible role I could have been claiming

• elephant 1