The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion]Pushing for continuation of this board

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

Looking for feedback from fans still here.  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO here is the scenario. Management asked for a divorce from the fan base. Divorce was granted now they realize what they have done.

Too late, too bad. Our new partner is 100% better.

To quote Taylor Swift "Weeeeee are never ever, ever, getting back together".

See ya Canucks management.

• Cheers 2

19 hours ago, BertaNuck said:

Won’t get much feed back here. 

everyone already jumped ship

Yep. Same here. There's already a ghost town vibe taking control in here.

19 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Let it go. Why would you want the guys who killed CDC to be involved in the new forum? Don't you get it that the new forum is now free from being pressured or influenced or monitored or suppressed by ownership/management? The new forum will prove to be as good or better than CDC. Embrace the change. 

They'd be welcome to join as members. Why not. I'm guessing they're fans just as much as anyone else.

Also. I came in here to see if the JR, PA, Coach media thing got posted yet on Canucks TV. Apparently not yet. I'm going to the new forum now..........

Bye, bye!

Edited by Sativika

46 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Yep. Same here. There's already a ghost town vibe taking control in here.

They'd be welcome to join as members. Why not. I'm guessing they're fans just as much as anyone else.

Also. I came in here to see if the JR, PA, Coach media thing got posted yet on Canucks TV. Apparently not yet. I'm going to the new forum now..........

Bye, bye!

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

They've lost me at this point.

We deserved to be engaged in a conversation that explained when, why, etc.  Not a 2 week rug pull that left everyone scrambling. If it wasn't for Stealth, I'd be pretty devastated.

Like others, this has become a community I truly value....a "home" when things unravel. Friends are here. Many people would have lost touch and it's sad to think that this can be done without any communication other than a looming deadline.

I counted on this place to get me through some rough times. 

To make me laugh when the walls closed in.

To make me feel welcome when I felt alone at times.

Much more than just a forum for discussion, as we shared a lot with each other on here and have history together.

I give my heart and soul to this team, as many of us here do. To be treated this way hasn't really sat right...but I know sth also are starting to feel the same way in many regards.

If you start short changing the fans you'll lose some, plain and simple. I know they have wait lists and probably feel pretty secure but stuff that doesn't sit right starts to spread. Especially when the team hasn't given much to cheer about in the past decade...people hung in for different reasons. We were here.

Back in the day, the Canucks did everything to engage their fans....young and old. I know SM is the go to but it's not the only avenue to get to the team and it's important to keep lines open. We used to get invited to family fairs and carnivals, even after the '94 loss there was a big event for fans at BC Place. It's important to keep the "community" strong and this one was a big building block in that.

I think they'll regret this decision as other places fizzle out over time. They won't recreate what is here. The hit and run activity on Twitter and Instagram isn't really conducive to gathering and longevity like this place has been. There's no attachment to one another on there. There is no real ongoing discussion. But maybe that's what they want?

Be careful what you wish for.

I loved this place...it's sad that it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth as it ends. I would've preferred a bit more respect for all of us as loyal and longstanding fans. Maybe a bit of hoople over the success it HAS had...WE have had here. Maybe a thank you for being here. Direct, posted in here where people will see it and feel a little more appreciated for our dedication and commitment to the team.

Teams put out statements but that's just to make sure they're heard as they want to be in a controlled way. It's what isn't said that leaves people open to interpret in their own way. For me, there's an obvious big disconnect between those running the team and those supporting it. That's their problem to fix now. 

Awesome post!

• Like 1

The decision to close these forums has left me really puzzled and i have to say doesn't do much to convince me that the organization is back on the track to be a strong bottom to top entity. 

I don't really have the time to try to engage the club personally but as someone who has lead strategy in a number of large, customer-focused organizations these are the main points that leave me puzzled with the decision : 

1. Losing a way to engage with your fans directly and build a community that promotes brand retention is never a good thing. Different people prefer different methods of online communication. Not sure what the usage numbers of this site were but it was still overloading the servers from time to time even last season which takes a fair bit of effort. I also can't imagine the running costs were that high for the value it brings. 

2. Losing access to the voice of the most highly engaged fans is also never a good thing. Especially for the Canucks who have for a long time been criticised for the saturation of hospitality fans at the arena who aren't engaged, don't generate an exciting atmosphere and don't benefit the on ice product. Your core fans are the heart of your product - not listening to them ultimately makes your product weaker.  

3. Losing the ability to at least influence the narrative of conversations about your product can seriously hurt your brand in an age where hyperbole, fear and rage generate the most clicks the completely unmoderated media are always going to tend massively into the negative which makes entertainment brands seem actually less appealing to invest your time with. That's not to say the authoritarian censorship is acceptable.  I always felt the moderation on this forum was really fair and they did a great job of promoting balance discussion - whereas other forums tend to just be complaining and negativity for the reasons mentioned above. 

4. In the age of Machine Learning you're losing a hell of a lot of important data for targeting and product refinement purposes.  This alone makes the decision insane at this time. 

I think finally after everything the club has been through the past few years, all the failures, the controversies the poorly handled departure of managers, captains, high-profile public figures and the entire era of being the laughing stock of the league to close the one place that people stuck by the club and still came together to get excited about every ray of hope they could seems like another bone headed, short sighted decision and major kick in the teeth to the many fans who frequented this site. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

The decision to close these forums has left me really puzzled and i have to say doesn't do much to convince me that the organization is back on the track to be a strong bottom to top entity. 

I don't really have the time to try to engage the club personally but as someone who has lead strategy in a number of large, customer-focused organizations these are the main points that leave me puzzled with the decision : 

1. Losing a way to engage with your fans directly and build a community that promotes brand retention is never a good thing. Different people prefer different methods of online communication. Not sure what the usage numbers of this site were but it was still overloading the servers from time to time even last season which takes a fair bit of effort. I also can't imagine the running costs were that high for the value it brings. 

2. Losing access to the voice of the most highly engaged fans is also never a good thing. Especially for the Canucks who have for a long time been criticised for the saturation of hospitality fans at the arena who aren't engaged, don't generate an exciting atmosphere and don't benefit the on ice product. Your core fans are the heart of your product - not listening to them ultimately makes your product weaker.  

3. Losing the ability to at least influence the narrative of conversations about your product can seriously hurt your brand in an age where hyperbole, fear and rage generate the most clicks the completely unmoderated media are always going to tend massively into the negative which makes entertainment brands seem actually less appealing to invest your time with. That's not to say the authoritarian censorship is acceptable.  I always felt the moderation on this forum was really fair and they did a great job of promoting balance discussion - whereas other forums tend to just be complaining and negativity for the reasons mentioned above. 

4. In the age of Machine Learning you're losing a hell of a lot of important data for targeting and product refinement purposes.  This alone makes the decision insane at this time. 

I think finally after everything the club has been through the past few years, all the failures, the controversies the poorly handled departure of managers, captains, high-profile public figures and the entire era of being the laughing stock of the league to close the one place that people stuck by the club and still came together to get excited about every ray of hope they could seems like another bone headed, short sighted decision and major kick in the teeth to the many fans who frequented this site. 

Really appreciate your response and feedback.

You checked every single box that I've been hammering on as well. I've got a lot of experience in working with fortune 500 companies and this decision really baffles me, giving up this level of communication without at least trying to engage and fix the relationship first.

When they fired Benning and brought in a new management team, it was promised by Aquilini, right down through management, the directive was for open, honest and transparent communication and information. This represents a 100% abandonment of that policy and a slap in the face of everyone who made this board so strong in past.

The failure is theirs, 100%

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

back before bure's arrival, i wrote the canucks and proposed a trade that would have been the worst trade in canuck's history.  right to bure  to edmonton for dave hunter. harry neale wrote me back and thanked me for my interest and support. i thought that was super, especially after bure got here and was so amazing.  whatever happened to that team and fans loyalty and communication? shame, if they can take their game and go home if they don't like how their fans feel about their product. are they looking for sheep? i don't know who actually killed this form but someone should come by and explain why.

• Upvote 1