The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Yea everything i read was that hendricks won each round

Nope, GSP definitely won round 2 & 3 and was winning round 4 until he slipped and then started getting pounded. But Hendricks did way more damage in total and I think he definitively got 1 & 5*. And GSP looked like he got a semi-truck to the face while Hendricks was just a little tuckered out.

Breaking news: GSP leaving UFC to tend to his 36 illegitimate children he fathered with a whole tribe of pygmies in the Congo.

EDIT: Typo, *4.

Edited by Captain Aerosex

I think GSP won by a hair but I also think he wasn't ready for this.

True. It looks like he's starting to degrade. Condit fight, then Diaz, and now..

Maybe he'll take a break and get away from it all then come back stronger than ever. He's going to lose next time unless something about him changes for the better.

Hmm thought Hendricks won this on split prob 3-2, 3-2, 2-3. Definitely thought Hendricks won 1 and 4 and GSP won 3 and 5. Round 2 was up in the air in this fight for me and really that round came down to how you score fights. Hendricks landed harder punches but GSP did land more if I remember correctly. Hendricks corner did him a disservice by telling him he had it after round 4 that screwed him and his effort was poor in round 5.

Nope, GSP definitely won round 2 & 3 and was winning round 4 until he slipped and then started getting pounded. But Hendricks did way more damage in total and I think he definitively got 1 & 5. And GSP looked like he got a semi-truck to the face while Hendricks was just a little tuckered out.

Breaking news: GSP leaving UFC to tend to his 36 illegitimate children he fathered with a whole tribe of pygmies in the Congo.

I thought George lost the first two but countered enough to win the final 3. Either way he's playing with fire and seriously needs to revamp his game or next time it's lights out, assuming he comes back.

How is that slip judged? Is it judged as a mere slip or is it a point in Hendricks favor because he pressured George which caused him to slip, fall, and give him the upper hand? I don't think he did much damage there on top though.

How is that slip judged? Is it judged as a mere slip or is it a point in Hendricks favor because he pressured George which caused him to slip, fall, and give him the upper hand? I don't think he did much damage there on top though.

It should of been judged as a forced slip. I was surprised the commentators even said slip. That was a little champion bias I think. GSP was retreating and kinda caught Hendryks leg.

I think judges go less by damage and more by points. GSP while battered still pressed with a lot of strikes that would eat up a lesser man.

Still, I thought the belt was about to move on until Bruce Buffer started announcing the split.

George landed more significant strikes and won takedowns 3-2 (not counting that slip as a takedown for Hendricks).

I, as a GSP fan, counted 3 rounds won for Hendricks and 2 for GSP. However, because it is a championship fight, it's an unwritten rule that you have to convincingly beat the Champ and show you are the superior fighter to be awarded the decision. Not often does a belt change hands via a decision. Hendricks definitely had his moments, but he let GSP back into the fight, which in the judges minds, didn't show that Hendricks was the true champ.