The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Glad this was moved.

I don't know what game people were watching, but this game by Burrows was terrible.  Game before last he was terrific.

Something is amiss with him.  Love him for what he has done and contributed....he just isn't giving us what is required of late.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

It's clear you know nothing about hockey.

The chances of the Canucks getting a value for the Sedins is very low...  No team gives up #1's lightly.

And to add to that, the teams who would want to trade picks for the Sedins are going to finish high in the standings, which means their picks are going to be a crapshoot.

Go look at the percentage of players who are drafted in the first round, especially late, and who come even close to the Sedins in actual career performance.

Next to ZERO.

Any GM who traded the Sedins for anything but a guaranteed #1 pick would be considered an idiot... and there are no guarantees for #1 spot anymore.

Amazing how many bozos come on this board spouting nonsense.:rolleyes:

Lol, there you go again, name calling and rolling your eyes now, lmao.     Listen..... Its a good idea to trade old guys just before they die to get young guys.  Most GMs know that, so it might be tough, but thanks to the Sedins good play, there is probably one that will make a mistake.  We need to take advantage of that . 

You need to let the Canuck management know that you are OK with that idea, because they might not want to do what's best for the team for fear that you will have a tantrum.

And BTW, I don't mean literally die, I mean not be very good players, lol.

Canucks are now funding a well paid retirement home in NY state.  .

I think its called Utica.  We send all our seniors there now.  They have a hockey team full of young kids and older seniors. 

Sounds like fun. 

Our seniors  still get paid  and they are paid extremely  well so don't worry about them.

Burrows will be sent their quick and another guy Cracknell is also on the way. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Would be nice to have a $4.5M guy that can hit, fight, and play as well as Burrows did 2 years ago or earlier. Burrows just adds to the soft stature of this team but we are stuck with him like a bad date.

Don't forget slow.  He's slow, like a slug.  It's time for to head to Kingofsurrey's retirement home, (which was a brilliant use of metonymy) and slug on the east coast.  

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canucks are now funding a well paid retirement home in NY state.  .

I think its called Utica.  We send all our seniors there now.  They have a hockey team full of young kids and older seniors. 

Sounds like fun. 

Our seniors  still get paid  and they are paid extremely  well so don't worry about them.

Burrows will be sent their quick and another guy Cracknell is also on the way. 

My team for next year is actually geared to win in the 2020 season.

My team for next year is all about developing a young core.  We don't need Burrows and his 4 mil per year . He can't look after our younger players and he does not give us anything that the young guns can't provide. 

I agree with a lot of what you said.  Burrows is a Canucks heart and soul guy.  I've always been a fan of him, how he got to the Canucks and what he gave us in the past.

That being said, he is currently overpaid for his role.  On top of that Burrows has a big target on his back from the referees, and I sometimes wonder if the entire team bears the brunt of that.  To me, Burrows is a harder one than any other player.  He's a loyal Canuck, but just is overpriced.  If his scoring goes up a little bit, then I don't think anyone would question his relevance. 

Edler on the other hand.....

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bushdog said:

this guy took a Huge hometown discount on his previous contract.  remember?  he got a good boost this contract and all it did was even things out.  he was a very dominant guy for a while and worth every cent.  he's very dependable in any situation and he's teaching young guys the finer points of the game.  if you ever get a chance to watch him on the bench talking to his linemates.  he's not just yapping because they are Listening to him.  guys like him have to be here, they are the third/first line coaches for the kids, a guy they respect a Lot.  he's been there and done it and now he's selflessly passing the torch.  he's been a damned good player for the canucks and I hope he retires a canuck.  and for those of you all for trading hamhuis - think about where that leaves our defense...Think About It!  just quit crapping on everybody you guys.  it makes no sense

I agree with your mentality 100%. 

Great post

12 minutes ago, Quoted said:

Can't cling to the past either. It's a results business. 

But if you kick a guy like burr to the curb and don't give him due respect for what he has done for the organization then what do the Horvats and McCanns do come contract time? 

My problem isn't with Burrows, it's with how he's used. The guy should not be getting power-play time, nor playing 17-18 minutes a night. He's a third line player at best - and that is being generous. 

If he was just a 8-10 minute a night guy I don't think nearly as many people would take issue with him. 

• Upvote 2