The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 9/16/2017 at 5:37 PM, TsarLindinov said:

I'm a glad we got rid of Burrows. He was an aged member of a core that was well past it's prime. Dahlen was a great pickup, hopefully it's a pattern that Benning will follow.

Image result for u wot m8

4 hours ago, nitti999 said:

Why are we still talking about burrows??  First topic I see when I log in after some time away.  Really?  Lots to talk about on this team and burrows has zero to do with it except the fact I do believe we have a solid prospect in return for him.  

Dahlen is going to be a top six center for us and won't bite anyone,  he was an excellent pick up. 

• Upvote 3

Quit living in the past.  Burrows is gone, he needed to be dealt and somehow Benning performed a miracle and got a good prospect in return. 

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, TsarLindinov said:

I'm a glad we got rid of Burrows. He was an aged member of a core that was well past it's prime. Dahlen was a great pickup, hopefully it's a pattern that Benning will follow.

+1, I 'll get you out of that red rep. wise.

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:42 AM, nitti999 said:

Why are we still talking about burrows??  First topic I see when I log in after some time away.  Really?  Lots to talk about on this team and burrows has zero to do with it except the fact I do believe we have a solid prospect in return for him.  

Agreed

If any former Canuck deserves a permanent pinned thread it's Trevor Linden.  Are the mods implying Burrows meant more to this city than Linden:o?  Cuz Linden scored in game 7 of the SCF....twice.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2017 at 8:24 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Man, those are big shoes sweaters to fill up there.  If even in entertainment value alone, they sure are missed.   In hindsight, even when this team was down, they were a brotherhood and lost together.  That's an important takeaway in all of this...you're together for the good times and the bad.  Lu, Bieksa, Burr, Sedins, even Kes, stood together and it was an "us against the world" thing.  They had fun and that brought a lot of fun for fans too.   

Canucks-ugly-sweater-Kevin-Bieksa.jpg

Miss that group Burr and Bieksa were my favs!

16 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Quit living in the past.  Burrows is gone, he needed to be dealt and somehow Benning performed a miracle and got a good prospect in return. 

Agreed

If any former Canuck deserves a permanent pinned thread it's Trevor Linden.  Are the mods implying Burrows meant more to this city than Linden:o?  Cuz Linden scored in game 7 of the SCF....twice.

Well go ahead and start a TL thread and see if it gets anywhere near 500 pages. That's why this thread is pinned - it's an epic thread started 8 years ago beginning with an incredibly foolish first post proven to be so wrong there's a record number of negatives on it.

You are of course welcome to ignore this thread if you choose.

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2017 at 9:55 AM, Frogger009 said:

I think a topic about an member of the Ottawa Senators is off topic for this forum.

Thanks for the mini-mod moment, but most folks around here are fairly aware that Burrows is a Canuck legend - always will be - discussing Burrows will never be 'off topic'.

"Always a Canuck" and all that jazz kinda thing.

• Upvote 2

On 9/23/2017 at 11:11 AM, oldnews said:

Thanks for the mini-mod moment, but most folks around here are fairly aware that Burrows is a Canuck legend - always will be - discussing Burrows will never be 'off topic'.

"Always a Canuck" and all that jazz kinda thing.

I am well aware. Merely pointing out the irony of this topic in a forum full of "mini-mods" as you say who whine whenever any topic that doesn't meet their standards is posted.

• Upvote 2

On 21/09/2017 at 10:27 AM, Tre Mac said:

Agreed

Because this thread is a freakin' legend! 

• Upvote 1

THis iiS a tHreaD aBoUt AlExaaandrE MeNarD-BuRrowS. He PlAys hoCkEy. He wAs InDuCtEd inTo the CaNadiAn anD inTernaTioNal BaLL hOcKey HalL of FamE.

HE iS pRetTy gOoD aT thE hoCkEy. We LiKe HiM hEre.

(BiTe YeR toNgUe aNd WeT YeR PaNtS rOn McLeAn!)

Edited by Slegr
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Slegr said:

THis iiS a tHreaD aBoUt AlExaaandrE MeNarD-BuRrowS. He PlAys hoCkEy. He wAs InDuCtEd inTo the CaNadiAn anD inTernaTioNal BaLL hOcKey HalL of FamE.

HE iS pRetTy gOoD aT thE hoCkEy. We LiKe HiM hEre.

How lng did it take you to type this?  Burrows is one of those ex Canucks who will always be a Canuck to this fan base.  I wonder if Flames fans see Iggy as always a Flame?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How lng did it take you to type this?  Burrows is one of those ex Canucks who will always be a Canuck to this fan base.  I wonder if Flames fans see Iggy as always a Flame?

I think Iginla lost that status after he became a full fledged trolloping team tramp. Four teams removed and now he might as well be playing for Las Vegas.

Edited by Slegr
  • Upvote 4