The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Will be at the game tomorrow, getting my heart re-started.   Want the Canucks to win 9-8, with Burr getting all 8 Sens' goals.

Think Burr will compromise with a 10-9 Canucks OT win (based off his SN650 banter this afternoon for a Sens OT win), where he gets 3 hat-tricks in front of the Vancouver faithful :lol:

Enjoy the game @debluvscanucks! Gonna be on the look out for the loudest cheering section at Rogers Arena! 

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Will be at the game tomorrow, getting my heart re-started.   Want the Canucks to win 9-8, with Burr getting all 8 Sens' goals.

I've only been to two games before, but I'll get the luxury of going to this one tomorrow! Pretty excited to be at such a big game.

On 07/10/2017 at 9:08 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

Perhaps the best minute CBC has ever produced:

Wow just wow... after 6 long years I still get goosebumps and tears in my eyes watching this...

I'm not crying, you're crying...

On 10/6/2017 at 9:34 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Every single time I see that it incites the same reaction.  Such an emotional deal...I remember every single detail.  My favourite Canuck moment ever.

How many times can we point to moments when Alex Burrows came thru. It did not always have to be big goals. He was a Canuck who absolutely never took a shift off. 

That aside I have to go back to my greatest moment with the Linden goal in NYC and Jim say'in "You know he will play!" Smyl-Linden-Bure and Alex Burrows. I put Bure in that line up simply because he was the most explosive player I have ever seen. 

Canuck fans should never forget what the NHL tried to do to him after the Auger incident. McLean & Co. and the NHL with vindictive reffing tried to end his career. Plain and simple. He was that great a player and a main that he survived all that. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Upvote 1

On 10/6/2017 at 9:29 AM, Roberts said:

I remember that night clearly and the tears rolling down my eyes as we finally beat the hawks after 3 long years against them. Definitely my most favourite goal in Canucks history.

What a tribute, had a couple of tears, I know the guy will be back with the Canucks one day (coaching/management) 

Edited by MaxLapierreAwesomeFace
  • Upvote 1

I think the Arena was louder during Burr's ovation than Luongo's when he returned for his first game back. There was probably 2000 less in attendance for Burr's...

Then again Luongo was "Luuu"d all night. 

Alex was loved more by each and every one of his fans IMO. Not that Luongo didn't have a huge following too... just not like Burr's. 

Burrows made a comment about allowing the trade to help the team in the future because he had so much respect for the fans and city.

I wonder if the Sedins will now consider the same, not that the return will be as good unless they start controlling the play more and I know they have said they will not sanction any trade or move but.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Burrows made a comment about allowing the trade to help the team in the future because he had so much respect for the fans and city.

I wonder if the Sedins will now consider the same, not that the return will be as good unless they start controlling the play more and I know they have said they will not sanction any trade or move but.....

Apples and oranges. One of Burrs trade conditions was that the team who traded for him would resign him for a few more years. The direction the canucks were moving in no longer left a spot on the team for burrows, and he wanted to continue playing hockey. If he didn't accept a trade, he would have walked in the summer and sought a team who would have given him a few more years and the canucks would have not received a prospect when the situation played out. Ideally I bet Burr wanted to resign in Vancouver and retire here, but that wasn't in the cards.

The Sedins will retire when their time is done in Vancouver. They are not looking to squeeze a few more years out of their career with another team in the league. Yes by trading them at the deadline they could compete for a cup and the canucks would receive a pick or prospect, but then they don't get to achieve their dream as retiring together in the franchise that drafted them. 

The twins are absolute gladiators and they have earned the right to retire together as canucks. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Apples and oranges. One of Burrs trade conditions was that the team who traded for him would resign him for a few more years. The direction the canucks were moving in no longer left a spot on the team for burrows, and he wanted to continue playing hockey. If he didn't accept a trade, he would have walked in the summer and sought a team who would have given him a few more years and the canucks would have not received a prospect when the situation played out. Ideally I bet Burr wanted to resign in Vancouver and retire here, but that wasn't in the cards.

The Sedins will retire when their time is done in Vancouver. They are not looking to squeeze a few more years out of their career with another team in the league. Yes by trading them at the deadline they could compete for a cup and the canucks would receive a pick or prospect, but then they don't get to achieve their dream as retiring together in the franchise that drafted them. 

The twins are absolute gladiators and they have earned the right to retire together as canucks. 

They will be signed here next year if they want and retire here. Linden has stated that many many times, "they are here as long as they want to play" and besides the team still doesn't have anyone better than them or at lest not enough players better than them.

• Upvote 1