The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

1 minute ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

The Montreal Canadiens love their french-speaking head coaches.  Looks like Burrows could be in line for a head coaching job in a few years time!

What an ovation and an amazing moment it will be to see him back in Vancouver, behind the bench, coaching an NHL team...

Good luck Burr!!!

&^@# Montreal, he can coach here.

• Upvote 3

Well Burr is done, called it a career and it was a great story. Now he has joined the Montreal team in a coaching capacity for their AHL team.

Can this thread now get closed? Doesn't play for us and is coaching for a different NHL team. It had a great run of over 500 pages, time to retire this thread & move on from the past & look forward to the future

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

lame! can't live in the past

You do realize your avatar is of players last here 20 years ago, so it's rather strange that you have an issue with this.  If you can, why can't we?  Burr is a fan favourite here, a unique story in the NHL and there are 32,000 other threads if this one's not for you.  This is at least recent past....

image.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

You do realize your avatar is of players last here 20 years ago, so it's rather strange that you have an issue with this.  If you can, why can't we?  Burr is a fan favourite here, a unique story in the NHL and there are 32,000 other threads if this one's not for you.  This is at least recent past....

image.png

I am well aware of it yes as I was the one who chose it. Am I making or clamoring for those players to be relevant in a topic and have it pinned to the top...Negative

My favourite player in an avatar has nothing to do with an ongoing thread of an ex retired player, now coaching for a different team. Yet the thread is still active on a Canucks forum because a Moderator allows it to be open because it was her Favourite player. 

I am not trying to argue, but comparing this page and my avatar are not the same. I have said my piece in this thread...let it continue one I guess. 

Thought this was where ex Canucks went...http://forum.canucks.com/forum/74-alumni/

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I am well aware of it yes as I was the one who chose it. Am I making or clamoring for those players to be relevant in a topic and have it pinned to the top...Negative

My favourite player in an avatar has nothing to do with an ongoing thread of an ex retired player, now coaching for a different team. Yet the thread is still active on a Canucks forum because a Moderator allows it to be open because it was her Favourite player. 

I am not trying to argue, but comparing this page and my avatar are not the same. I have said my piece in this thread...let it continue one I guess. 

Thought this was where ex Canucks went...http://forum.canucks.com/forum/74-alumni/

Cool story bro

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2018 at 2:42 PM, Canuckster86 said:

I'm fairly certain this will blow up again if/when Dhalen makes the team and it's used as fuel for how much the Canucks are still benefiting from Burrows lol.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:10 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Well Burr is done, called it a career and it was a great story. Now he has joined the Montreal team in a coaching capacity for their AHL team.

Can this thread now get closed? Doesn't play for us and is coaching for a different NHL team. It had a great run of over 500 pages, time to retire this thread & move on from the past & look forward to the future

Are you still doing that Twitter thing  Patty O'Sullivan?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If Alex doesn't get injured for Games 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Sens vs Penguins 2017 East Final, you can bet every penny you have that Ottawa beats Pittsburgh in either 5 or 6 games and go on to win the cup.

With Burr in the line up, Sens were up 2-1 ... a player like him would have been the dagger. What a shame an injury stood in his way and a cup :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

yessir, threadkeeper sir. my humble apologies sir. Sorry to have an opinion on topic that is contrary to your own sir. Good day.

your opinion was an attempt to be a thread wrecker/closer so I gave my advice. I really don't care whether this thread is open or closed. I do find it funny that people that don't like it just can't stay away from it though.

Edited by gurn
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, gurn said:

your opinion was an attempt to be a thread wrecker/closer so I gave my advice. I really don't care whether this thread is open or closed. I do find it funny that people that don't like it just can't stay away from it though.

That's probably because it is pinned and one of the first things we always see when going onto the Canucks forum page. I don't care that the thread remains open but I'm not a fan at all of it being pinned. That to me is an abuse of admin power. If it is relevant enough, it should stay afloat on its own power.