The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Conviction - 6/10

Hilary Swank's brother is serving life in prison for murder, and she's convinced he's innocent. So she begins a quest of putting herself through law school. I enjoyed the flashback scenes of them as kids, but most of the movie was quite underwhelming. There is a great story here, with so many angles to examine, but this felt like just a glossed-over version of it.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - 3.5/10

Don't know why my wife decided that this was the movie we were going to watch this weekend, but it was definitely not worth my time. Points for style. Otherwise, skip it.

The last Exorcism - 6.5/10 - not really a big fan of the mocumentary style films, but this one at least has a couple good tension and scare moments. When, what I thought the ending was going to be, started playing out I was severely disappointed, and almost pissed (seemed like it was going to be a total cop-out). I'm glad they threw in the last min twist to make it a better ending, but it doesn't make up for the motion sickness, slow development at the beginning, and general lack of scares (the quality was there for the small quantity it had, but I needed MORE).

Cloud Atlas - 9.5/10

I have to see it again, but this might be my favourite film of the year. Maybe even my favourite film since There Will be Blood.

Everything about it from the score to the acting to the visuals to the way all 6 stories flowed seamlessly into one another just blew me away. The critical reaction seems to be pretty mixed so I can't guarantee that you'll love it as much as I did, but I can guarantee that you won't regret seeing it.

Cloud Atlas - 9.5/10

I have to see it again, but this might be my favourite film of the year. Maybe even my favourite film since There Will be Blood.

Everything about it from the score to the acting to the visuals to the way all 6 stories flowed seamlessly into one another just blew me away. The critical reaction seems to be pretty mixed so I can't guarantee that you'll love it as much as I did, but I can guarantee that you won't regret seeing it.

Goon

10/10

This movie has it all. To be honest it has been one of the few sports movies to capture the specific sport while poking fun of it. As much as language may be an issue to some people I found it to be hilarious. I have never watched a movie I found to feel so right about hockey. This is one of the better movies to come out this decade and will be soon bought!

If you haven't become a Halifax Highlander fan yet I hope you see this one soon.

"Stand in front of the box and wait for that ugly bugger" :lol:

Archived