The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keep this in mind from a guy that follows the NCAA pretty good

Ryan Lambert points out a good rule of thumb for evaluating NCAA prospects, those who are averaging 2 SOG/G are above average while those at 3 SOG/G are considered excellent. Keep that in mind when evaluating the NCAA prospects.

McNally 4 games with 3.0 shots on goal per game

Ben Hutton 13 games 3.15

LaBate 10 games 2.80

because McNally Sat out the 7 games this season that he played last season before withdrawing, this is still considered his Sophomore Season by the NCAA, meaning he has 2 more full seasons of eligibility after this year.

That might benefit him, actually. As much as he's putting up points, it was never his offence that was in question and perhaps not losing a year but being a bit more mature could help him really develop defensively.

I'm not quite sure about how McNally's missed year counts towards everything, but the other guys are:

LaBate: Junior

Hutton: Sophmore

Beattie: Sophmore

Williamson: Freshman

Sorry, I am new to this NCAA stuff. Which year is Junior, Sophmore is Year 2, Freshman is Year 1 right? So somehow Junior is Year 3? And what is Year 4 called?

• 3 weeks later...

McNally and Beattie face off against each other again this saturday. it'll be broadcast nationally in the USA on the NBC Sports Network, starting at 5PM Pacific.

Beattie has 2G and 2A in 11 games, but has not suited up for the past 2 games.

Meanwhile, McNally has 1G and 6A in 8 games after missing the first 7 games of the season to retain his Sophomore status with the NCAA.

I'll be recording and watching it, uploading video of any plays of note from either player.

so, there wasn't much to report, Beattie didn't play, and McNally was Decent but lacked any real impact. Harvard lost pretty bad, but that was a result of their goalie letting in an attorcious softie (which was the result of a bad bounce), and then it got to his head and he fell apart. Mcnally was on the ice for Harvard's only goal, but it was a PP marker and he didn't grab an assist on it. he plays on the point on the top PP, but he doesn't QB the powerplay. He was used like Garrison, he's there for his shot.

He didn't have the same impact that Hutton had on Maine in the games i've seen this year. The play didn't really flow through him like it does with Hutton, at least in this game, but he made some decent defensive plays, and ended up even in a blowout. there were a couple good outlet passes i saw, and a rush that looked promising, but Harvard just didn't look good (especially the defensive pairing of Ford and Guiltnan that looked HORRID with blown coverage all over the place and ended up with a combined -8).

so, there wasn't much to report, Beattie didn't play, and McNally was Decent but lacked any real impact. Harvard lost pretty bad, but that was a result of their goalie letting in an attorcious softie (which was the result of a bad bounce), and then it got to his head and he fell apart. Mcnally was on the ice for Harvard's only goal, but it was a PP marker and he didn't grab an assist on it. he plays on the point on the top PP, but he doesn't QB the powerplay. He was used like Garrison, he's there for his shot.

He didn't have the same impact that Hutton had on Maine in the games i've seen this year. The play didn't really flow through him like it does with Hutton, at least in this game, but he made some decent defensive plays, and ended up even in a blowout. there were a couple good outlet passes i saw, and a rush that looked promising, but Harvard just didn't look good (especially the defensive pairing of Ford and Guiltnan that looked HORRID with blown coverage all over the place and ended up with a combined -8).

watched the game as well, only real positives from it were mcnally's passes out of the d-zone and the fact he wasnt on the ice when yale blew the game up in the second period. also, first time i've seen harvard play this year but it would seem mcnally-everson is their top pairing.

• 1 month later...

well, they may have been resting their vets in anticipation of the playoffs.

The Yale men’s hockey team hosts Harvard this coming weekend at Ingalls Rink in a best-of-three ECAC first-round playoff series. The March 7-9 games are each 7 p.m. starts that can be seen on America One and heard live on WYBC-AM 1340.

I guess we'll find out for sure after this weekend.

Archived