1416 replies to this topic

#1201 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

So did anyone download Hearthfire yesterday?

#1202 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

I did! I like it. I kind of wish there was a little more customization, but I think I'll see more when I get deeper into building.

Posted Image

#1203 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

So did anyone download Hearthfire yesterday?

Still waiting for Dawnguard on PS3. :lol:

Edited by DRCN SLYR, 05 September 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

#1204 Jgermeister

Jgermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

You can download it now?
Well I'm off!
Posted Image

#1205 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

I just found out about Hearthfire yesterday! Jeezus!!

By the way, anybody else noticed the armoured attack huskies in fort Dawnguard?

PS3 owners still can't get Dawnguard? Ha ha! :P

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 10 September 2012 - 08:23 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1206 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

I've had the game since Christmas and I just got to level 3 today. -_-

I really shouldn't have put this game off for so long

g3HKFnX.png

#1207 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

I just found out about Hearthfire yesterday! Jeezus!!

By the way, anybody else noticed the armoured attack huskies in fort Dawnguard?

PS3 owners still can't get Dawnguard? Ha ha! :P

Maybe cause microsoft paid a trillion dollars just to have it exclusive for a short period of time lol

#1208 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I love how big you can make your house!

Posted Image

#1209 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Maybe cause microsoft paid a trillion dollars just to have it exclusive for a short period of time lol

I don't really care why it's out for Xbox first, I just love how I can rub it in my best friends face, who is a PS3 lover.

I have both 360 and PS3 so it doesn't bother me, I'm just glad I decided to buy Skyrim for Xbox.

#1210 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,760 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

I've had the game since Christmas and I just got to level 3 today. -_-

I really shouldn't have put this game off for so long

Wow. You should really get into it.

For me, I wish I hadn't played it so much when it first came out. Hours and hours for weeks, or months straight. I haven't played it for months now. I Skyrim'd myself out.

I don't really care why it's out for Xbox first, I just love how I can rub it in my best friends face, who is a PS3 lover.

I have both 360 and PS3 so it doesn't bother me, I'm just glad I decided to buy Skyrim for Xbox.

It's not even about 360 having it exclusive now. They still haven't released it on PS3 because they say it's full of bugs and they don't want to release it until they can fix it.
Damnit Bethesda.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#1211 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

It's not even about 360 having it exclusive now. They still haven't released it on PS3 because they say it's full of bugs and they don't want to release it until they can fix it.
Damnit Bethesda.

I read that they just arent happy with Dawnguards overall performance on PS3 to release it yet. They released the PC version with a major bug that effects everyone every time they play so a few bugs shouldnt stop them.

Posted Image

#1212 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

not-so-fun news for PS3 users waiting on DLCs: http://ca.ign.com/ar...ay-never-happen

Posted Image

#1213 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Story time!

Did anyone else have trouble picking up this game when it first came out?

I went to the midnight opening @ EB games. I guess I went way too late because I arrived at 11 and there were at least 1000 pinheads that beat me to the punch. The parking lot was completely full and massive, massive lines. I was like, well, whatever. As eager as I am to get this game I'm not going to wait hours and potentially have EB run out of copies.

So I went to the mall the next day first thing in the morning. I was super nervous that I missed out on getting a copy until stores started doing more orders. This nervousness was only increased when I got to Best Buy and the shelf was completely empty.

Then I went to EB Games in the mall. I was the second person in line. Now, at this point I'm crapping my pants over the fact I think I wont get a copy. While I was waiting, I also got a text from a friend saying that this EB did a midnight opening too so they are probably all sold out. Now here I am freaking out big time. Calm and cool on the outside, freaking out inside, lol. But I waited it out. An hour later, the store finally opened.

Anyway, EB at the mall had an entire case full of the PC version. I freaked out for nothing. Talk about a sigh of relief! :lol:
Posted Image

#1214 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Why didn't you just pre-order it if you wanted it so bad?
Posted Image

#1215 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Why didn't you just pre-order it if you wanted it so bad?

LOL.

Stupid, I know.

1) I never considered that. 2) I thought it was $10-$20 to pre-order and you didn't get your money back after; another way for the store to make more money.

Obviously I was dead wrong. Dunno where I got that from :lol:
Posted Image

#1216 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Got hearthfire finally for PC off of steam. Not as good as an expansion or anything but worth the $5? Yeah, sure, why not. Built 2 houses complete with every addition you can put on plus the stable, cow, fishing thing, etc.

For kids theres a little girl in the orphanage who has the very creepy comment "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities." Yeah, shes a future serial killer, I took her as one of my adopted kids.

The materials needed for building a house and its contents, for the most part, are about as easy to get together without becoming tedious as possible. It takes some time but it ends up being a pretty big place and theres lots of stuff to put in it. So yeah, Hearthfires no big deal but its nice.

Posted Image

#1217 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

Got hearthfire finally for PC off of steam. Not as good as an expansion or anything but worth the $5? Yeah, sure, why not. Built 2 houses complete with every addition you can put on plus the stable, cow, fishing thing, etc.

For kids theres a little girl in the orphanage who has the very creepy comment "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities." Yeah, shes a future serial killer, I took her as one of my adopted kids.

The materials needed for building a house and its contents, for the most part, are about as easy to get together without becoming tedious as possible. It takes some time but it ends up being a pretty big place and theres lots of stuff to put in it. So yeah, Hearthfires no big deal but its nice.

That's pretty much what it is. A nice add on that's worth the asking price. If anything I wish it was something I had earlier in the game. One of my main complaints with the game was that it wasn't exactly personable, and the add-on exists to make a few simple changes against just that.

It just feels a lot better after that monster slaying to come back to that new house, with your kids and what not. There are no new questslines or anything, but there are a few cool dynamic events related to your house and family, along with a concerted effort to make the kids you adopted actually do things.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1218 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

That's hilarious!

I like how your kids greet you whenever you come home.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 01 November 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#1219 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

LOL.

Stupid, I know.

1) I never considered that. 2) I thought it was $10-$20 to pre-order and you didn't get your money back after; another way for the store to make more money.

Obviously I was dead wrong. Dunno where I got that from :lol:

Well, now you know for the next one, lol.

I haven't played Skyrim in months. I want to, just can't seem to build the motivation to pop it into the Playstation.
Posted Image

#1220 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I haven't played Skyrim in months. I want to, just can't seem to build the motivation to pop it into the Playstation.

There's where your lack of motivation stems from! :P

#1221 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Agreed. Skyrim had MASSIVE wow factor at first. But with many things, it eventually goes away. Now, when I play.. it's like.. meh.
Posted Image

#1222 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Agreed. Skyrim had MASSIVE wow factor at first. But with many things, it eventually goes away. Now, when I play.. it's like.. meh.

Well once you complete the main quest lines once thats kinda it. Ive done every single quest. Visited every single place. The only way Ill be playing anymore is whenever an expansion comes along. For however long it takes to do everything there.

Still I got a hell of a lot more hours out of it than any other game in a long time.

Posted Image

#1223 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well once you complete the main quest lines once thats kinda it. Ive done every single quest. Visited every single place. The only way Ill be playing anymore is whenever an expansion comes along. For however long it takes to do everything there.

Still I got a hell of a lot more hours out of it than any other game in a long time.

I'm at the same point. There's just absolutely nothing left for me to do.

According to Skyrim, my playthrough is currently 370 hours in. Barely any of that was away from keyboard, and what was could be replaced and overtaken by the time's having to reload saves and all.

That's not just more time than I've ever spent on a game in a long time, it's very likely the most I've spent on a game ever (and by a fairly large margin.) And that's just one playthrough, lol. But I think for me, due to the very linear nature of the story of the game and most quests, I don't feel like starting up another one just yet. I mean there's different races and character builds to master, but at least for now the incentive is lacking. It's a game I'll probably dust off for another full playthrough in a year or two.

I'm still very ready for more expansion packs though. More stuff like Dawnguard would be awesome.

#1224 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Truly thou art but a passing interest, from whence thou came thou shall return, but in time thou shall be set upon a pedestal from whence no man my remove you, and there thou shall remain forever in reverence for all of mankind will worship the utter glory that is Skyrim!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 02 November 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#1225 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Truly thou art but a passing interest, from whence thou came thou shall return, but in time thou shall be set upon a pedestal from whence no man my remove you, and there thou shall remain forever in reverence for all of mankind will worship the utter glory that is Skyrim!

You spelled Morrowind wrong. ::D
Posted Image

#1226 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

You spelled Morrowind wrong. ::D

Nay, for Morrwind hath already been raised upon the pedestal of greatness! Lo, the minor flaws it does posses are greatly out shadowed by it's sheer grandeur!

And mods.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 02 November 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#1227 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

New DLC news:

http://www.vg247.com...-from-bethesda/

Very related to the discussion you guys are having. How about taking Skyrim to Morrowind?

#1228 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

New DLC news:

http://www.vg247.com...-from-bethesda/

Very related to the discussion you guys are having. How about taking Skyrim to Morrowind?

Solstheim, oh how doth my heart yearn for thee! To return to thy snowy forests and to behold once more the gleaming Castle Karstaag! Thy beauty captivates me so! Temptress of snow and trees I shall walk upon thee once more!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 02 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#1229 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Skyrim ‘Dragonborn’ DLC Officially Revealed–Debut Trailer

Posted Image

Bethesda has officially announced the next DLC expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim known as Dragonborn, it turns out that you aren’t the only one!
The DLC will include dragon mounts, new armor, weapons, and a brand new area called Solstheim, the setting forThe Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind’s Bloodmoon expansion. Dragonborn will launch for Xbox 360 first on December 4 priced at 1600 Microsoft Points.
You can check out the trailer below.

http://www.egmnow.co...-debut-trailer/

(Yet another dlc not available on PS3. Really hope they release the goty edition soon so I can get this on xbox instead of buying skyrim again and the dlc)

Edited by DRCN SLYR, 05 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Posted Image

#1230 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

This got me so har- errr... pumped!!

Did I read that correctly!? Dragon mounts!?

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 05 November 2012 - 06:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.