The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

For the house in windhelm (hjerm)

if you fully completed blood on the ice then you can buy/furnish it. The steward whom you bought the house from should be the guy that you can buy decorations from. At least that's how it is in my game

Alright, thanks, I'll do that.

Things that I've figured out in my adventures with the game:

1. Smithing. It's an easy skill to get to 100, just make iron daggers (1 iron, 1 Leather Strip), and all stores restock whenever you fast travel.

2. Followers: Once you get to the portion of the story where Esbern joins you STOP. Advance no farther in the main quest, do a little dungeoning. Esbern is a free follower that can't die. While in Riften go to the Bee and The Barb and pay Marcurio 500 gold to join you.

3. Enchanting: I can't stress this enough, most useful skill if you pick the perks correctly. I have an Ebony Greatsword at 890 damage. To train your enchanting enchant all the iron daggers you made smithing.

4. Alchemy: Get the following ingredients: Deathbells, Swamp Fungal Pods, Cannis Root, River Betty's, Abecean Longfins, Spadetails, and look through barrels for salt piles. Make potions of Slow, Paralysis, and Restoration and sell for a profit and to increase your Speech.

5. If you joined the Dark Brotherhood, get the bonuses, that is all.

Also:

little tip: DONT finish the main quest chain at lvl 22. I kept expecting to be stopped somewhere along the way due to my low lvl and I would have to leave it for a bunch of levels but that didnt happen. Its anticlimactic afterwards. But a dragon killed Lydia along the way and I couldnt let that slide.

Im board and sword but dual wielding can be fun in a lot of battles. You can just cast a bound sword for your second weapon.

P.S. on the giants, first time one hit me I thought I could fly for a few seconds lol.

little tip: DONT finish the main quest chain at lvl 22. I kept expecting to be stopped somewhere along the way due to my low lvl and I would have to leave it for a bunch of levels but that didnt happen. Its anticlimactic afterwards. But a dragon killed Lydia along the way and I couldnt let that slide.

Im board and sword but dual wielding can be fun in a lot of battles. You can just cast a bound sword for your second weapon.

P.S. on the giants, first time one hit me I thought I could fly for a few seconds lol.

I never used Lydia, she's still sitting somewhere in Dragonsreach, I employ the services of the Apprentice Wizard, not a common pack mule, Marcurio.

Seems like everytime I visit Winterhold now, a dragon spawns. I finished all the quests there a while back, so I'm getting this on just random visits there. 3 times in a row. All elder dragons. I was battling the third one on top of the corpses of the other two elder dragons, lol.

is the bound sword just a mirror of the actual sword you wield?

or does it have its own stats?

I never used Lydia, she's still sitting somewhere in Dragonsreach, I employ the services of the Apprentice Wizard, not a common pack mule, Marcurio.

Marcurio is a beast. I ended up giving him to the Blades because he came onto me. I was already married, but still wearing the Amulet of Mara....and he kept complimenting me and wanted to know if we should further our relationship.

He was only a sidekick to me, so I gave him to the Blades. He can die a Blade.

Well my weapon is a mace so its not a mirror but wether it has its own stats based on lvl or if it matches your real weapons stats i dont know. It seems to work well enough that I dont bother to carry a second 1 hander.

EDIT: I checked around a little and information seems to vary on the sword but the general consensus is that it is equal to a base(non upgraded by smithing) Daedric sword. So once daedric weapons/armour start showing up in the shops to buy is when you will want to start looking at going with something better. This is a very vague and generalized rule of thumb that might be completely wrong lol.

329px-Bound_sword.png

Am I the only person here that doesn't like having a follower?

Well, like mentioned, it's nice to have someone there to carry stuff. So much money to be made selling the stuff you got them to carry. Also, if you're a rouge like me, it's nice to have someone there to absorb some damage, or just be a general distraction for the enemy during battle.

It's an independent weapon with it's own stats. Like any sword, it's effectiveness and overall damage will increase as your one-handed skill does. Also, I think it gets stronger as your conjuration skill does, but I'm not too sure on that one.

Initially it's pretty weak, but there's a perk you can use to near double it's damage. Combine that with the "soul trap" perk to auto fill soul gems, and it's perfect. My conjuration is 88 and my one-handed is 91, and combined with that earlier perk, each bound sword I wield carries 53 damage. And I dual wield them.

Like I mentioned a 7-10 pages back, using a bound sword is pretty good option with dual wielding. Just watch how quickly your conjuration skill rises. As your smiting skill improves, you can create and improve better weapons, but on their own bound sword are not too shabby.

one thing I noticed in the game is when you have access to dual enchantments, put a really strong low charge enchantment on a weapon along with a high charge/low powered enchantment on the same weapon and the game will only count the first enchantments charges

IE: i put a 3second soultrap enchantment on my axe with 4000 charges and a 25 stamina stealing enchantment on the same weapon with about 100 charges and after several hours of playing my charge bar hasnt moved an inch!

its sweet

Also I have one question, can you undo making someone a Blade? I didn't find out until trying to handover a second recruit that there's only 3 spots. I really don't want that first person on this team if it's exclusive. I just handed them over because I assumed we were amassing an army of sorts, and to undo it now in the basic sense I would have to replay 10 hours.

Anyone? I highly doubt it, but I still really want it undone.

Also a couple more questions. First, what does it take to buy a house in Windhelm? I caught the muderer, did a bunch of bounty quests, and as far as I know, completed all the townsfolk's miscellaneous objectives. What else do I have to do?

Second, can you cure the other Companions from being werewolves? I have those extra glenmoril witch heads from way back when, but I'm not sure how (or if even can) use them to fix those guys.

Anyone? I highly doubt it, but I still really want it undone.

Also a couple more questions. First, what does it take to buy a house in Windhelm? I caught the muderer, did a bunch of bounty quests, and as far as I know, completed all the townsfolk's miscellaneous objectives. What else do I have to do?

Second, can you cure the other Companions from being werewolves? I have those extra glenmoril witch heads from way back when, but I'm not sure how (or if even can) use them to fix those guys.

For the house, all I did was talk to the Jarl's warden. I did this before doing any quests in the city too. Talk to him and buying the house should be one of the options.

I started a lizard using skill glitches to see how high of a level I could get without killing anything I'm at level 35.

I'm gonna look up more to see how high I can get if anyone knows any please let me know. Currently have:

100 sneak

100 pickpocket

100 smith

80 speech

I'm going to start leveling archery,1 handed, light armor, blocking on giants making sure not to kill them.

Archived