The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

On 3/31/2018 at 2:02 PM, Brad Marchand said:

Nice comeback for the Caps.

Also, Ibra doing Ibra things:

I hope that someday the Whitecaps can land a player of that calibre and reputation.  

All the stadium seats would be opened, a huge amount of jersey sales, more ad revenue, etc.  

It takes money to make money.... too bad the Whitecaps owners doesn't understand that.  

21 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I hope that someday the Whitecaps can land a player of that calibre and reputation.  

All the stadium seats would be opened, a huge amount of jersey sales, more ad revenue, etc.  

It takes money to make money.... too bad the Whitecaps owners doesn't understand that.  

Claudio Marchisio has indicated that he would play in the MLS. In his prime he was the worlds best box to box midfielder

26 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Claudio Marchisio has indicated that he would play in the MLS. In his prime he was the worlds best box to box midfielder

whitecaps have so far demonstrated

they cannot keep any good players for any length of time

they have created almost no fan loyalty to players .. since they turn over main pieces so often

they are an interesting team.. as i enjoy soccer

but i doubt i'll develop a passion for the team until they can demonstrate a higher level of continuity in their roster

there really is no real whitecap team.. just transient players who wear the jersey

i cannot see why any top level player would want to play here

Edited by coastal.view

40 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Would a really top player ever even consider our team, while we play on AstroTurf?  We need a proper pitch!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, YummyCakeFace said:

What an embarrassing effort. Minus their top striker, a full on fold was the issue of the day.  Same ol' same ol' for all Vancouver teams. Mentally and physically weak. 

this team and their system of play has plateaued

i do not see this team being able to take the next step

the league is improving and new teams simply are better

talent acquisition by robinson overall is not good enough

no real difference makers are evident

or when one is obtained a new weakness becomes evident elsewhere

it is a complete mystery to me why good players only have 1 decent season here

before they fall off the table

this is a consistent trend with the caps

what the heck happened to reyna this season ?

a new approach is required

perhaps a new team budget is required?

new management with a different philosophy could help ? 

I can barely watch this team anymore. 

It's not the losses, but Robinson continues to show zero creativity with this team. Their brand of soccer is unwatchable. Bloody hell.

Give up possession, defend, then once you get the ball, kick it up the field 30 yards to the one forward high only to usually give it back and defend once again. I'm so tired of that game.

I thought Robbo needed to go last season not only for his lack of creativity in formations and style of play, but in his player recruitment. Seriously how long can this go on?

This team will continue to be a middling team so long as this coach, GM and ownership group remain. 

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If I was Robbo, Techera would be stapled to the bench for a month...

...Twit <_<

And as I type this, Phonsie may have saved us...

That was the most hilariously stupid thing I've ever seen a Whitecap do. Techera owes Davies a week's worth of dinners.

5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

another magical performance today i heard

other teams scored after they were reduced to 10 men

and caps shut out yet again

good thing people seem to be no longer watching this odd team

I did watch the game and it was the same thing we've been seeing these past two or three years - the Caps had their chances but COULD NOT FINISH!

What is it going to take to get a player who can put the ball into the net?

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

I did watch the game and it was the same thing we've been seeing these past two or three years - the Caps had their chances but COULD NOT FINISH!

What is it going to take to get a player who can put the ball into the net?

well i think it is about more then their lack of a finisher / goal scorer

their entire system of play is questionable

they cannot sustain ball control or possession

they rely on breakdowns and counter attacks

the team is too easy to defend and control by a disciplined team

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hearing on 650 that Wayne Roony is coming to DC United.  It's a 20 million dollar transfer fee.  Will the Whitecaps ever get a top player, considering the cost?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfcs-giovinco-bradley-top-earners-mls/

'Caps are 16th out of 23 in team spending at just over $8 Million. That's about $18 million less than top spending TFC. (This is a league where you can buy a championship)

TFC have the top two earners in the league in Giovinco and Bradley, (both over 6 million per) with Jozy Altidore not far behind at 5 Million. In contrast the highest paid Whitecap is Kei Kamara at $1 million. What hurts even more however, is the fact that LA Galaxy somehow managed to land Ibra for $1.5 million. One has to wonder why Vancouver has never pulled off anything resembling that sort of coup.

It's been said many times: (but bears repeating, IMO) this team will go nowhere as long as Lenarduzzi is in charge and as long as ownership continues to try and compete on the cheap.

• Upvote 1