1056 replies to this topic

#841 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

He's more of a mix between Justin Beiber and John Scott. Somewhere in the middle....

#842 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image +Posted Image
=
Posted Image

Subbancopy.jpg

#843 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Posted Image Wyatt Arndt had a point when he said Corrado has some manga hair. Work some gel and styling in there and you have a Cowboy Bebop sorta mop. Couldn't find a bigger picture of his picture from camp this year.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#844 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Posted Image Wyatt Arndt had a point when he said Corrado has some manga hair. Work some gel and styling in there and you have a Cowboy Bebop sorta mop. Couldn't find a bigger picture of his picture from camp this year.

20$ bet if anyone wants to take it. Corrado has a shaved head before he gains UFA status,
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#845 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,328 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Here's an interesting development:

‘Canes recall ’11 first-rounder Murphy from OHL Kitchener

With a rash of injuries on defense, the Carolina Hurricanes have reportedly recalled the 12th overall pick from 2011, Ryan Murphy, from his junior team in Ontario.
Kitchener Rangers head coach/GM Steve Spottconfirmed the move.

Carolina recently placed defensemen Tim Gleasonand Joni Pitkanen on injured reserve and are currently rolling with a blueline comprised of Jay Harrison, Justin Faulk, Jamie McBain, Joe Corvo, Michal Jordan and Bobby Sanguinetti.

So, no better time than to give Murphy a ring.

This is interesting because it'll obviously affect the Kitchener roster. With Corrado being another RH D for them, he'll likely move up the depth chart and possibly get more PP time. We'll have to see how long Murphy sticks (longer than 5 games if the injuries are still an issue?) and what Kitchener decides to do in his absence, but it could be a further opportunity for Corrado to shine through.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#846 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

This is interesting because it'll obviously affect the Kitchener roster. With Corrado being another RH D for them, he'll likely move up the depth chart and possibly get more PP time. We'll have to see how long Murphy sticks (longer than 5 games if the injuries are still an issue?) and what Kitchener decides to do in his absence, but it could be a further opportunity for Corrado to shine through.

I didn't realize they had a Michal Jordan :bigblush:

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#847 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I wanna see a pairing of McEneny and Corrado! Who's with me? :D
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#848 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I thought junior players that were "emergency recalled" were exempt from the 5-game rule (PKA the 9-game rule), was I misinformed?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#849 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,328 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I thought junior players that were "emergency recalled" were exempt from the 5-game rule (PKA the 9-game rule), was I misinformed?

I don't know if this is an emergency recall; it doesn't specifically state it anywhere. I guess it depends on how the Checkers are doing, did they have any available D to send up to the 'Canes? Maybe it would have to be since they'd already sent him back to junior and shouldn't be able to recall him otherwise - is there a loophole for that since it's the lockout? And for an emergency recall, does that only apply to being able to bring a player up from junior when you couldn't otherwise and have no affect on if it burns a year of their deal or not?

Edited by elvis15, 20 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#850 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I don't know if this is an emergency recall; it doesn't specifically state it anywhere. I guess it depends on how the Checkers are doing, did they have any available D to send up to the 'Canes? Maybe it would have to be since they'd already sent him back to junior and shouldn't be able to recall him otherwise - is there a loophole for that since it's the lockout? And for an emergency recall, does that only apply to being able to bring a player up from junior when you couldn't otherwise and have no affect on if it burns a year of their deal or not?

That's what I'm wondering. I could very well be mixing two rules into one as I am quite foggy on the details of the last CBA since it's been a long while since I last scoured over that document.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#851 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well they've got a pro defensive mess and a junior defensive mess, why do they go with the junior one?

What I'm actually saying is why would they call up Murphy when they still have gragnani
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#852 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Corrado picked up an assist and managed to finish +1 for Kitchener in a 6-3 loss to the Saginaw Spirit today.

#853 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Corrado finished with a powerplay assist and a +1 rating for Kitchener in their 3-2 win over the Sudbury Wolves earlier today.

#854 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Corrado went pointless and picked up 2 PIMS for Kitchener in a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack. He finished even on the night.

#855 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Corrado went pointless and picked up 2 PIMS for Kitchener in a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack. He finished even on the night.

Did Murphy play?
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#856 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Did Murphy play?

Yes.

www.ontariohockeyleague.com ;)
Posted Image

#857 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,328 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Did Murphy play?

Yup, he's back and had an assist and was +1.

Yes.

www.ontariohockeyleague.com ;)

What, you didn't even imbed the link directly to the boxscore? Lot of help you are... :ph34r:

Edited by elvis15, 02 March 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#858 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Lp

#859 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I see Corrado as more of a cross between Zbynek Michalek and Carlo Coliacovo.

Lol oh ya?

#860 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

pietrangelo

#861 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Corrado collected 4 PIMS and finished -1 for Kitchener in a 6-1 loss to the London Knights today.

#862 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Next Scott Stevens

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#863 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Corrado picked up 2 powerplay assists and 4 PIMS and finished -1 for Kitchener in a 6-3 win over the Guelph Storm today.

#864 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Corrado scored a goal and finished -1 for Kitchener today in a 4-3 shootout loss to the Saginaw Spirit.

#865 pigs_eye10

pigs_eye10

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Corrado collected 2 assists and finished the night +3 in a 3-2 win over Guelph Storm.

#866 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

curious if Corrado makes the team next year. No longer on a sliding contract, out of the OHL, crazy improvement this year, right handed..
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#867 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,762 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

curious if Corrado makes the team next year. No longer on a sliding contract, out of the OHL, crazy improvement this year, right handed..

I think he could certainly challenge for a spot like tanev has these past few years, but a season to adjust to pro hockey and get top minutes in the AHL may be best for him

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#868 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I think good chance he comes in and gets top 6 minutes considering:

a.Cap comes down and that makes ELC very important, we probably buy out ballard
b.Shoots right- helps out the natural order of our D.
c.He has played a few games in the AHL and has not looked out of place, he might get a few games in the AHL this year depending on how Kitchener does.
d. He is the full package-big, 6'2, roughly 200lbs, great skater and plays sounds defensively and is a stud offensively.

#869 Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Look at his stats before and after the trade:

Sudbury: 41GP | 6G + 21A = 27P | 0.66 PPG (-3 +/-)
Kitchener: 26GP | 1G + 16A = 17P | 0.65 PPG (+20 +/-)

It's nice to see him keeping up his scoring pace even though he went from being his team's #1 D-man in all situations in Sudbury to being on the second pair (I believe) and not getting any PP time (he only has 3 PP points this year anyways).

I agree with the Hamhuis/Tanev comparisons that have been thrown out there. Great on the defensive side of the puck and can chip in offensively once in a while.

I'd really like to see him make the Canucks next year on the third pairing but I think at least a year in the AHL would serve him well. Of course if he really impresses at training camp this fall he could surprise some folks - it's not like he's a small guy at 6'2". Also with the cap coming down it could make sense to have him with the Nux.

Anyways, Kitchener has two more regular season games tomorrow and Saturday (15th and 16th). They currently sit at 4th in their conference and have a playoff spot clinched. Here's hoping for a long playoff run and maybe some AHL time for Corrado after the season depending on Chicago's situation.

:canucks:

Posted by Chronic.Canucks.Fan on 01 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

The one name on that list that stood out to me was David Clarkson. He's following up last year's breakout campaign with another solid showing and if he's not intent on re-signing in NJ he'll be a highly sought after free agent. He's 28, he hits and fights as well as any, SCORES, and is just getting into the prime of his career. If it meant losing Higgins and Raymond, I would gladly throw 4+ million his way. Whether he'd want to play here, though, is an entirely different matter. 
.... Self imposed eating of crow. Thank god he's the Leafs' problem.

#870 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

reminds me of Duncan Keith.

I think good chance he comes in and gets top 6 minutes considering:

a.Cap comes down and that makes ELC very important, we probably buy out ballard
b.Shoots right- helps out the natural order of our D.
c.He has played a few games in the AHL and has not looked out of place, he might get a few games in the AHL this year depending on how Kitchener does.
d. He is the full package-big, 6'2, roughly 200lbs, great skater and plays sounds defensively and is a stud offensively.

Keith Ballard will not be bought out. He will be traded away if we no longer want him.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 15 March 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.