The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

sorry but corrado did get snubbed plain and simple seems like the entire team was picked and all these intrasquad games were just to make these kids think they could make the team i dont hope canada loses but they made a big mistake not talking corrado the guy was the best d-man out of the bunch in these games they played oh well

Bob Mckenzie said he might have been cut cause of his size. That Team Canada ' might' have been looking for more size on the back end. That most hate guys have significant weight on Frankie.

Yah, cause that's worked so well last few yrs we haven't touched the gold medal. Great strategy Team Canada has had last few yrs with putting size in, it's worked so well. They have a leading scorer d-man who wasn't on the ice for a single goal against - and they cut him for DUMBA!?! This guy looked like a 13 yr old out there! I'm really peeved. when Canada gets lit of like a Chirstmas tree again in importatn games, they're gonna wish they had him.

Canucks have one of the smallest sized d-cores in the league, yet they've been the best defensive team last few yrs. Clearly, the 'old boys' club is still running team Canada on old school values. Shocker.

EDIT: Nucks fans burning up twitter right now. Lol

He's on twitter folks, send em a pick me up tweet from canucks nation if you are on it...probably a pretty nice thing to do for the guy given he's probably gonna have a tough night.

I did a little while ago, he's got Canadian Hockey fans behind him en masse. He did all he possibly could to solidify a spot on the team but HC has politics involved.

Oh well. It was a story while it lasted.

Not going to join in on the 'i hope Canada loses now', the anti-Canuck conspiracy, or the 'he wasn't picked because he's a 5th rounder' talk this time. He knew he had to try very hard to make it. He tried very hard to make it. He didn't make it. He'll get over it. And so will we.

I respect your stance but let's be honest.

Corrado was probably the best D-man in the camp & Dumba was terrible to say the least, I'm not really sure how to logically explain that sort of decision making.

What do you think is the reason for it?

Edit: Okay Dumba was cut, but even Wotherspoon didn't stand out, not nearly as much as Corrado.

Tell that to Montreal's 2012 5th round draft pick Charles Hudon. He didn't seem to have a problem making the team despite being a later round pick

He's there to fill team Canada's French-Canadian quota on the team. You do know they play those sort of politics right?

I did a little while ago, he's got Canadian Hockey fans behind him en masse. He did all he possibly could to solidify a spot on the team but HC has politics involved.

Less politics and more 'team building'. As it happens even with the Olympic team etc, you don't always take the 'best player' you build out a team that is balanced.

If there are offensive or two way guys who are not physical that do the job as well or better than Frankie there becomes less room for him. If he was a big hitter, guy with size he probably would have had a better chance.

Hey, I agree he should have made it based on his play, but that's how they think, you fill out by role/position vs. best player for these teams.

He got caught in the trap of too many guys who play similar games to him and not enough who don't. So the guys that play a dif style (physical Wotherspoon) had a better chance because there are fewer players who can play that role, so better odds. Dumba played like crap but they need size (so they think), so if think you need size, rightly or wrongly, do you go with Frankie or Wotherspoon?

I get the move, I don't agree with it, but I don't think its politics.

Less politics and more 'team building'. As it happens even with the Olympic team etc, you don't always take the 'best player' you build out a team that is balanced.

If there are offensive or two way guys who are not physical that do the job as well or better than Frankie there becomes less room for him. If he was a big hitter, guy with size he probably would have had a better chance.

Hey, I agree he should have made it based on his play, but that's how they think, you fill out by role/position vs. best player for these teams.

He got caught in the trap of too many guys who play similar games to him and not enough who don't. So the guys that play a dif style (physical/Dumba) had a better chance because there are fewer players who can play that role, so better odds. Dumba played like crap but they need size (so they think), so if think you need size, rightly or wrongly, do you go with Frankie or Dumba?

I get the move, I don't agree with it, but I don't think its politics.

I don't buy it.

Wotherspoon is 1 inch and 6 pounds bigger than Corrado. Then Corrado's play was much better (not that Wotherspoon was terrible but still)

And even getting away from the Canucks/Corrado angle. How did Brossiot get cut in favour of Binnington? Brossiot stopped 33/33 and Binnington wasn't impressive at all.

Archived