The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows ... [How Much] Does Mg Really Want Him?

Dogbyte

Players that have scored the same amount of goals last year and are not on entry level contracts are Andrew Ladd, Brad Marchand, and Thomas Fleischmann. Marchand only makes $2.5 mil a year while the other two make $4.5. My gut tells me that $3.5 or $3.75 over another 4 years to bring Alex to 35 years of age would be fair. What do you guys think he will get and what do you think he deserves?

We can't trade Mr clutch! He clearly deserves more than he's getting paid. Out of the whole team, I would probably choose to trade him last. And yes, I'd even trade the Sedins or Kesler before Burrows. He can play without the Sedins..see recent performance with Team Canada.

True heart and soul of this team, if MG doesn't want him 29 other teams will put up an offer, mentioned many times by TSN commentators.

He will take a discount again for sure, I see him resigning around 3.5-4 mil for 4 years, that makes the most sense. If he leaves and signs on another team he will get 4.5-5 mil for 5+ years at least.

I would find it hard to be a 100% Canucks fan anymore if my favorite player in the league gets traded away.

I am sincerely wondering why you are even concerned about this issue. Burrows is part of the core of this team. What other player has shown more heart than Burrows? He has consistently scored goals each year. He wants to play in Vancouver; he proved that by signing a low ball contract the last time. He is a defensive wizard, a great skater and has proven over his years he deserves to be a Canuck.

With all due respect, what in hell else does Burrows have to prove to Vancouver fans you. Are fans so bloody rabid about winning a cup that they are prepared to consider him for the players you suggest. To me and I bet the majority of Vancouver fans along with Vigneault and Mike Gillis, Burrows will definitely have a place on our team.

If I had my way, I would have five more just like him on the team. Does that answer and satisfy your silly query?

Ales Hemsky makes what $5m/yr? Bieksa makes 4.25m/year. If you guys think Burr's going to sign for 3-3.5m especially after signing that cheapy deal last time you're dreaming. He's going to be unrestricted and is going to be looking to get paid big time. He did the loyalty thing last time around. It'll take a minimum of 4.5m to get him signed, most likely north of 5m.

Archived