The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Parent

VANFAN101

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haven't heard about this guy in a while. What is your guys take on him? I remember when we got him, he played a couple game earlier on, but the main idea was that he was gonna be used for depth, and then got sent down to the ahl. This guy was drafted 18th overall in the 05 draft (ahead of Letang and Yandle), he also won gold for canada at the 06 and 07 wjhc. Did this guy just not live up to his potential or, is he not capable of competing at the nhl level?

Haven't heard about this guy in a while. What is your guys take on him? I remember when we got him, he played a couple game earlier on, but the main idea was that he was gonna be used for depth, and then got sent down to the ahl. This guy was drafted 18th overall in the 05 draft (ahead of Letang and Yandle), he also won gold for canada at the 06 and 07 wjhc. Did this guy just not live up to his potential or, is he not capable of competing at the nhl level?

No. There's nothing he can really offer. We have 6 d-men signed already, plus Salo and Gragnani who will likely re-sign (dunno about Rome). Even if injuries occur, the Canucks would probably bring up someone like Sauve or Connaution who has more upside. Which would put him what... 11th or 12th on the depth chart depending on if we acquire another d-man and who we re-sign? There's not really any reason for the Canucks to sign him.

He was outplayed on the Wolves by the Canucks' younger D, like Sauve, Connauton and Polasek. I think this is where the Canucks and Parent will just part ways. I don't even think there's a chance the Wolves sign him to an AHL contract. Some other NHL team will take a chance on him, though.

I see him as a depth player, couldn't hurt to sign him for the minors, I dotn see him making the team unless he really steps it up, but he is a darkhorse, and could turn out to be a surprise if he has a good camp.

He still is young at 25, I'd like to still get a good look at him before we call a close on the door with him. Considering that he started to play good in the last 10 games with the Wolves, hes bound to be given a second look.

Archived