The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Now that Weber is a goner, I say we push for Gudbranson (assuming we make a Lou trade with Florida).

He is a straight beast. He's exactly the type of player the Canucks need.

If for some miraculous reason we get Doan, as well as Gudbranson, holy sh*t our roster will be ridiculous.

Quite frankly I'm bummed right out over the Weber deal. I thought the big deal this summer would be a deal to bring him along with Doan. It is all going down in flames.

A little dissapointed in Weber. Also confused how Philly affords a contract with a CAP that might shrink to $52 M. I guess that isn't his problem and Philly looks pretty solid for a CUP run. I am sure that Gillis had to walk away and look for cheaper options. In the long run it probably is smarter to do that.

This puts more pressure on the Lou deal as Gillis will be looking for a premium d-man.

I agree if we can get a BIG decent D man like Ellerby and a big center or play making center I think Doan would want to come here more.I'd like us to get that for Luo and a draft pick and leave the prospects alone so we can get better and have a pick even if 3rd or 4th rounder!Weber is looking for a chance to win now and could ask for a trade if the preds match and dont get better!but far as Luo I hope MG gets something done fast as the longer it takes the more Luo will be saying things in public and will force a trade so we wont get as much.I knew this was going to be bad for MG if he didnt act fast!Far as people say he should wait you are so wrong as Luo will force a trade and we will get way less for him!

I agree if we can get a BIG decent D man like Ellerby and a big center or play making center I think Doan would want to come here more.I'd like us to get that for Luo and a draft pick and leave the prospects alone so we can get better and have a pick even if 3rd or 4th rounder!Weber is looking for a chance to win now and could ask for a trade if the preds match and dont get better!but far as Luo I hope MG gets something done fast as the longer it takes the more Luo will be saying things in public and will force a trade so we wont get as much.I knew this was going to be bad for MG if he didnt act fast!Far as people say he should wait you are so wrong as Luo will force a trade and we will get way less for him!

Quite frankly I'm bummed right out over the Weber deal. I thought the big deal this summer would be a deal to bring him along with Doan. It is all going down in flames.

A little dissapointed in Weber. Also confused how Philly affords a contract with a CAP that might shrink to $52 M. I guess that isn't his problem and Philly looks pretty solid for a CUP run. I am sure that Gillis had to walk away and look for cheaper options. In the long run it probably is smarter to do that.

This puts more pressure on the Lou deal as Gillis will be looking for a premium d-man.

Our chances of landing Weber were always slim. MG has never offered as large a contract that Philly did and it was obvious that Weber wanted big bucks. Our prospect pool is pretty bad and it wouldn't make sense for Nashville to trade with us when there are more enticing pieces out there.

Like i said in the Weber thread if he goes to Philly some teams in the east will have to make a move and goaltending is the way to stay on par with the Flyers. Guess what team has a world class goaltender for sale?

I remember he came on the radio with the Moj (of all people) when he was an RFA, and Moj asked him straight up

"Do you ever see yourself as a Canuck? Like let it be now, or in the future?" and the way Weber responded you could tell he wasn't interested in the slightest. Didn't even answer the question just said "oh, I know a lot of athletes love playing for their hometown team but for me it's more than just that, there are lots of factors..."

Plus signing a 14 year term, the guy is purely motivated by money as his primary focus... Not sure I want a guy like that on the Canucks no matter how skilled they are.

Archived