The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Mallet Talk

Samk

I was more impressed w/ his offensive instincts, personally. He always got himself in good position to bang home rebounds and jump on loose pucks. Reminded me a lot of how Burrows plays in the offensive zone.

I thought his skating was phenomenal. He seemed to be all over the ice. Maybe not as fast as Schroeder but he was a much stronger skater (think Kesler vs Raymond). In fact he reminds me a bit of Kesler. I don't know what is faceoff percentage but I noticed he had quite a few clean wins as well.

Sometimes I wish he wasn't French. I mean if Mallet was pronounced Mall- ET instead of Mall-eh we would have a real hammer on our team.

Stoked about this kid but you guys have to remember he's 20, and I don't know a whole lot of 20 year olds that can take punches from grown men. Give him 2 years in the A, he'll be a lock for a 4th line spot.

Sometimes I wish he wasn't French. I mean if Mallet was pronounced Mall- ET instead of Mall-eh we would have a real hammer on our team.

Stoked about this kid but you guys have to remember he's 20, and I don't know a whole lot of 20 year olds that can take punches from grown men. Give him 2 years in the A, he'll be a lock for a 4th line spot.

If he wasn't French he wouldn't have that feistyness though! :emot-parrot:

Want to summerize?

All 3 guys (Mallard, McLean, Kypper) have a huge respect level for him after they watched the game on Saturday. Loved the hit, loved that he backed up the hit by dominating the fight, loved the way he played in general. Said they think he was a steal for his draft position.

All 3 guys (Mallard, McLean, Kypper) have a huge respect level for him after they watched the game on Saturday. Loved the hit, loved that he backed up the hit by dominating the fight, loved the way he played in general. Said they think he was a steal for his draft position.

Cool - thanks :)

Duncan Keith is gonna have fun on his left side against the Canucks. He will probably see Kassian on his left side because Kassian will probably play on the Sedin line against the Hawks. When Keith is not out there against the Twins, he will see Mallet on his left side when he plays the shift againt the 4th line. lol, Keith is gonna regrett the day he cheapshoted Daniel!

This dude is an angry frenchman who can hit and fight. The game VS Abbotsford should be proof for that. He ran over a winger with his head down, then promptly beat the crap out of his challenger. I could see this guy being a good bottom six grinder.

Archived