The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

Guest AriGold

Hopefully he just tells Gillis he wants to be traded. Gillis said he wouldnt ask him to waive it so it seems like a rock and a hard place unless lou asks.

It is the media and stupid fans that are driving him out of town. He is arguably the best goalie we ever had and we treat him like this.

Shame on some of you morons.

We will always be a goalie graveyard.

Expect Cory to be run out of here before his contract ends as well

Media and fan base can be whining brats sometimes, but I guess that goes with the territory... I honestly don't believe Luongo was that bad in the first 2 games. Not great either, but he was by far not the Luongo of other past meltdowns.

I think the simple case of playoff failure this year rests in the hands of the players infront of Roberto and Cory. They were simply not ready to play.

Sure Cory looked great, but at the end of the day, he could not claw the team back from the jaws of defeat and he could not steal the series. They lost.

As Tom Larscheid once said, Anything but a Stanley Cup Championship is a failure of season. The boys in front gave up on the guys in net.

AV did what he felt he had to do, he needed to shake up his troops and put Cory in net. The media took that and spun the story in a completly different direction.

I for one will support Cory, but if Luongo cannot lead this team to a championship - No goaltender can! Cory should understand 1 thing, that in this market nothing is for sure.

Everyone of those players have to be in complete sync during the playoffs to win and last season, no one was. Yet only one man takes the fall.

<p>

I'm not a Luongo lover, and it's not like I don't have faith in Ginger, it's just that he has not proven anything except that he is a great backup tender. Just because I don't trash talk Luongo doesn't mean I'm a Luongo lover, don't judge me.

It is the media and stupid fans that are driving him out of town. He is arguably the best goalie we ever had and we treat him like this.

Shame on some of you morons.

We will always be a goalie graveyard.

Expect Cory to be run out of here before his contract ends as well

Just stop it already, I'm sorry your luongo jersey and posters are going to be useless. The fans did not run anyone out of town, but keep saying that to make yourself feel better. Use that low watt brain of yours to understand that Schneider is younger, cheaper and better than luongo. Luongo had his chances and he will be missed but it's time to move on with the better goaltender.

Archived