The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

Too many key playoff games where he had < .800 save%. Yes the team in front of him played poorly too, but that doesn't excuse him. "It's not a big deal because everyone else sucked too" isn't an excuse. That's why people dislike him, he choked in key games where we needed him. I personally don't mind Luongo, but I'm just calling it like it is.

Too many key playoff games where he had < .800 save%. Yes the team in front of him played poorly too, but that doesn't excuse him. "It's not a big deal because everyone else sucked too" isn't an excuse. That's why people dislike him, he choked in key games where we needed him. I personally don't mind Luongo, but I'm just calling it like it is.

I don't think people should feel too sorry for him either, yes he took a lot of crap but that was while he made like 30+ million dollars. He's set for life. Not many people can say that after 6 years of work.

The notion that the 'fans have driven Luongo out of town' is asinine. If anything, the fans in Vancouver supported Luongo much, much better than he was in Florida and Long Island, by selling out every single home game. Is that not support? How would have this turned out in any other city? The exact same way. Fans as a group are no different than any other group, except in so far as some fans actually go to the games.

There's more to it than just that, it's a soundbite taken out of a larger quote.

Cfox: Any chance in hell you're in a Canucks jersey this fall?

Luongo: Never say never, but I think we all know what's going on, we've all seen what's developed. At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm ok with that. I've had a great six years in Vancouver and I think it's a wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. Sadly I could never win a cup there, which is probably my greatest regret, but it was a great six years.

As if no one knew he didn't want to be traded. If you actually thought this affected our position in trading him you're a moron and you're the one that needs to shut your yapper.

There's more to it than just that, it's a soundbite taken out of a larger quote.

Cfox: Any chance in hell you're in a Canucks jersey this fall?

Luongo: Never say never, but I think we all know what's going on, we've all seen what's developed. At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm ok with that. I've had a great six years in Vancouver and I think it's a wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. Sadly I could never win a cup there, which is probably my greatest regret, but it was a great six years.

Well stated. This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time, that the idiotic media/fans rally against a player (or coach, or GM) in this town for no good reason other than the fact they've convinced each other (idiotic media/fans) that this certian person needs to go. Personally, I'd like to see several media (and thousands of fans) run out of this town myself.

Come on everyone here knows the only real solution to the Luongo - Schnieder issue:

Keep both and change out goalies after EVERY goal. You see this will encourage both of them to get shutouts all the time. As soon as a goal is let in its the other's turn to start a new shut out streak. What a beautifully elegant and simple solution this is! No controversy just a system that works!

:bigblush:

In case people haven't been following, trade talks for Luongo are going nowhere. Teams aren't willing to offer up anything of value because they know that there's not much interest in Luongo

This at least could help bring more teams into the mix, and at least give Gillis some bargaining power.

This can only be a good thing.

Archived